This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with resuming work after power saving mode

saltis99
Star I

I have a Zenbook 15 OLED and recently I have started to have problems with the power saving mode. Often, when I try to resume work nothing happens and the machine stays idle. As a result, I need to force a shutdown and then restart the machine again from scratch. This problem occurs both when I choose that the machine should go into power saving mode and when the machine does so automatically because it has not been in use within the set time limit. However, it does not happens every time the machine is in power saving mode, but perhaps 50% of the time or so. I am not sure if the problem is connected to a system upgrade or if it has started to happen anyway. Is this a common occurence, and if so, what are the suggested remedies?

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@saltis99 
May I know the complete model number of the laptop you are using?
How to find Model Name
I suggest you first check if the BIOS and system of your laptop are updated to the latest version.
[Windows 11/10] How to Use Windows Update to Update System and BIOS

Alternatively, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card driver to troubleshoot the issue.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

saltis99
Star I

My model number is UM3504DA
My Windows 11 version is 10.0.22631 version 22631
My BIOS version is UM3504DA.312 dated 2024-05-13

@saltis99 
If you have confirmed that the BIOS and system are updated to the latest version and you haven't ruled out the possibility of a system malfunction, I would recommend backing up your data and then performing a system restore to further investigate the issue.
[Windows 11/10] How to Reset (Reinstall) the Operating System

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.