cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting driver updates through MyASUS app

realstephenbair
Star III
System: UX581
Why does MyASUS show different versions of drivers available than what is shown on the support website, which is different yet from what is installed on my machine? MyASUS says I have all the latest drivers, but these screenshots show differently:
image.png
image.png
image.png

The same is true for several other drivers: Intel Graphics Driver, Intel iSST, and some others.

On top of that, you've got a least two different pages for the same laptop (UX581) with different drivers listed on each one, so I have no idea what should be installed.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
realstephenbaird
  1. System: UX581

Why does MyASUS show different versions of drivers available than what is shown on the support website, which is different yet from what is installed on my machine? MyASUS says I have all the latest drivers, but these screenshots show differently:

image.png

image.png

image.png

The same is true for several other drivers: Intel Graphics Driver, Intel iSST, and some others.

On top of that, you've got a least two different pages for the same laptop (UX581) with different drivers listed on each one, so I have no idea what should be installed.

Not getting driver updates through MyASUS app
@realstephenbaird
May I know the full model name of the laptop you are using ?
Thank you.

realstephenbair
Star III
UX581GV.
I've now realized there is a UX581GV and UX581LV. Doing a google search for "UX581 support" landed me on the wrong page.

Also UX581LV seems to have newer drivers for several categories. Any reason those drivers aren't for the UX581GV too?

Falcon_ASUS
realstephenbaird

UX581GV.

I've now realized there is a UX581GV and UX581LV. Doing a google search for "UX581 support" landed me on the wrong page.

Also UX581LV seems to have newer drivers for several categories. Any reason those drivers aren't for the UX581GV too?

View post
@realstephenbaird
The components used in different models may be different, therefore, regarding the installation of the driver, we still recommend that you use the correct model's driver. Thank you.