This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse behaviour while watching fullscreen media content (Youtube, Netflix, etc)

Timen
Star II

Hi,

I recently bought a Asus Zenbook S13 flip UP5302. Working perfecly fine for me except one anoying thing with the mouse. Whenever I’m watching something in fullscreen media content, like Youtube and Netflix, the mouse reappears in the middle of the screen every minute or so. Making the media controls pop up again. The mouse itself disappears basically immediately but the media controls take a few seconds.

Quite the annoying thing actually, and cant seem to find any setting about the mouse that relates to this behaviour.

Software specs:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 202332.png

Hardware specs:

https://www.asus.com/nl/laptops/for-home/zenbook/zenbook-s-13-flip-oled-up5302-12th-gen-intel/techsp...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Timen
Star II

A systemwide reset was the soluction for me

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@Timen 
Are you using an external mouse? If so, have you tried unplugging and reconnecting the external mouse to see if the issue improves?

If you're not using an external mouse, have you tried pressing FN+F6 to disable the touchpad? Does the situation improve?
Thank you.

Hi @Falcon_ASUS,

I have disabled the touchpad, touchscreen and touchpen drivers in a proces where at least one of them is active at the time. in every test the mouse reapeard. further i'm currently not using any external hardware.

@Timen 
If you have already disabled the touchpad but the issue still persists, it is more likely that there is a system error causing it. It is recommended that you try entering safe mode to confirm if the issue disappears. Thank you.
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode 

Timen
Star II

A systemwide reset was the soluction for me