This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop Screen on ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 goes black after flashing green/flashing lines

Aristeee
Star I
System: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Win 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581LV
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: I have some videos that I can send in private (because some of my files are visible)
========================
Detailed description:The problem is characterized by a black main screen as soon as it is turned on (no backlight, the screen is not powered at all). This incident occurs randomly and does not affect the secondary screen. Sometimes the main screen turns on and starts to blink/glitch. Sometimes the main screen works nominally. If you wish, I can send you videos of the phenomenon.
The laptop has been send 2 times to the repair center: the first time, they updated the BIOS and reset the computer. After one week, the issue was back. The second time, they changed the mother card and the battery. After one week, the issue was back.
I am running Windows 11, I have updated all the drivers available on the ASUS website for this computer. The Bios has also been updated. Furthermore, i can show the main screen on an external monitor (but the main screen will stay black).
While doing some research, I found this article which reports exactly the same problem: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47734/laptop-screen-on-zenbook-pro-duo-ux581-goes-black-after...
Therefore, the problem is not isolated. I really hope ASUS can help me to solve this problem. This computer is really expensive (approximately 2500€) and it has already been repaired two times without any effect on the issue.
Please ASUS, I really count on your help

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Aristeee
  1. System: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Win 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581LV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Random
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video: I have some videos that I can send in private (because some of my files are visible)

========================

Detailed description:The problem is characterized by a black main screen as soon as it is turned on (no backlight, the screen is not powered at all). This incident occurs randomly and does not affect the secondary screen. Sometimes the main screen turns on and starts to blink/glitch. Sometimes the main screen works nominally. If you wish, I can send you videos of the phenomenon.

The laptop has been send 2 times to the repair center: the first time, they updated the BIOS and reset the computer. After one week, the issue was back. The second time, they changed the mother card and the battery. After one week, the issue was back.

I am running Windows 11, I have updated all the drivers available on the ASUS website for this computer. The Bios has also been updated. Furthermore, i can show the main screen on an external monitor (but the main screen will stay black).

While doing some research, I found this article which reports exactly the same problem: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47734/laptop-screen-on-zenbook-pro-duo-ux581-goes-black-after...

Therefore, the problem is not isolated. I really hope ASUS can help me to solve this problem. This computer is really expensive (approximately 2500€) and it has already been repaired two times without any effect on the issue.

Please ASUS, I really count on your help

Laptop Screen on ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 goes black after flashing green/flashing lines
@Aristeee
I have sent you a message, please check.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.