cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fans starting to get loud suddenly after a few minutes of startup - UX5400ZB

amossi10
Star II

hello,

in the last 3 weeks, after a few minutes of starting my laptop, my fans starting to get really loud (like on high performance) and wont stop untill i shut down my laptop and turn on again (reset does not work - only shutdown and then turning on works), after this the fans are getting back to normal again.

this issue happens aprrox every 1 of 3 times after opening my laptop and while this issue happens my laptop is not working well, its very slow and it gets stuck every 30 seconds for a few seconds and every action takes time.

after i shutdown my laptop and start again everything works fine again. no noise and nothing get stuck for the whole time i use it (could be 10 hours and more)

i really belive its something in the recent software updates i have done from asus,microsoft,intel.

all drivers are up to date + bios.

need help with this issue.

thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

@Falcon_ASUS 

2nd video

@amossi10
Given your current situation, as the fan detection is normal but there are occasional instances of high fan speed, it is recommended that you check if it is caused by unknown third-party software. Reduce the number of running applications and use the Task Manager to check for any abnormal programs consuming CPU/memory resources. Since troubleshooting this issue may take some time, it is also suggested that you back up your data and restore the system to eliminate any software-related issues. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

camilasaunder89
Rising Star I

Hi, There are many reasons why fans start making such sounds. It can be due to dust or excessive use of CPU or just a faulty power supply. However, this can be stopped by:

1. Closing the apps that are no longer required.

2. Cleaning the disc space.

3. Cleaning your laptop to avoid dust.

4. By using an antivirus software that can affect your laptop.

thanks but i dont think thats the case here.

amossi10
Star II

@Falcon_ASUS 

im reporting back that maybe its not related to microsoft store app.

it happend a few more time without microsoft app ever being open.

i am about to reset the laptop. hope it will work