cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the automatic on-screen keyboard on the Zenbook Duo 2024

hacker1024
Star I

Hello!

I've been loving my Zenbook Duo 2024 so far, but I've been having an issue with the on-screen keyboard.

When the physical keyboard is disconnected (which happens regularly, as it turns itself off after some time when unplugged), the on-screen keyboard will show up automatically when text input is requested. This behaviour, however, does not work well when using Microsoft OneNote on the lower screen.

In OneNote, it is very easy to accidentally tap the canvas, which brings up the on-screen keyboard and moves the main window to the upper screen. This is very disruptive, as the keyboard then needs to be closed and the window needs to be moved back to the other screen.

Ideally, there would be a setting to turn off the automatic on-screen keyboard. I have no desire for it, as the six-finger gesture works fine for when I actually need it. Does such a setting exist? If not, could it be added? Who should I contact for this request?

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@hacker1024 
May I know the complete model number of the laptop you are using? 
How to find Model Name
Additionally, would it be possible for you to provide a video of the issue you are experiencing for us to confirm? 
Thank you.