Star I
System: Windows 11 Pro
Battery or AC: Both, but worse on AC
Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GE
Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
Reset OS: Not sure
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: For a few months cursor randomly goes to upper corners of screen. I have taken it to 2 computer repair shops. It works for a few days, then gets weird again. I disabled the touchpad and got a wireless mouse and it's still the same. Downloaded Windows 11 Pro, but I can't remember if that's when the problems started. On battery works OK except goes to corner every few minutes. Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

Falcon_ASUS
oldharbordave
  1. System: Windows 11 Pro
  2. Battery or AC: Both, but worse on AC
  3. Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GE
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
  5. Reset OS: Not sure
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: For a few months cursor randomly goes to upper corners of screen. I have taken it to 2 computer repair shops. It works for a few days, then gets weird again. I disabled the touchpad and got a wireless mouse and it's still the same. Downloaded Windows 11 Pro, but I can't remember if that's when the problems started. On battery works OK except goes to corner every few minutes. Thanks for your help.

Cursor out of control
@oldharbordave
Have you tried to restore the system?
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...

oldharbordave
Star I
Thanks. I just reset the system. Everything is the same. I have used a wireless mouse, but the cursor goes to the top right area of the screen and looks a little blinking star that randomly minimizes windows or closes them. Sometimes, like now on battery power, the touchpad and wireless mouse works and everything seems fine. Once on AC again it returns to random movement. I need to know if a specific part can be replaced or is the whole thing junk? Thanks for your help.

Falcon_ASUS
oldharbordave

Thanks. I just reset the system. Everything is the same. I have used a wireless mouse, but the cursor goes to the top right area of the screen and looks a little blinking star that randomly minimizes windows or closes them. Sometimes, like now on battery power, the touchpad and wireless mouse works and everything seems fine. Once on AC again it returns to random movement. I need to know if a specific part can be replaced or is the whole thing junk? Thanks for your help.

View post
@oldharbordave
Could you please provide screenshots or videos for me to confirm?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
is it always the same corner