This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change keyboard backlight color on Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED ( UP6502, 12th Gen Intel)

I just bought the Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED ( UP6502ZD-BB72T-CB) and want to know how to change the color of the backlight on the keyboard. The Asus website for this product clearly says this can be done... "Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED features a single-zone RGB keyboard backlight, so you can customize the lighting to match your work mood." (See screenshot below). However, nothing in the manual explains how to do this.
Any help regarding this would be appreciated!
Thanks.

image.png

10 REPLIES 10

Falcon_ASUS
ricklightheart

Thanks for your suggestion regarding trying the Aura Creator app, Turbonetics. I haven't tried it but I definitely will.

Also, Thank you for your reply Falcon_ASUS. I have sent you the information that you requested. I appreciate everyone's help with this!

View post
@ricklightheart
Please refer to the following FAQ.
Thank you.
[Notebook] MyASUS - Customization | Official Support | ASUS Global[Lighting effect]
Though MyASUS Exclusives feature, users can customize RGB lighting on LCD cover or keyboard for their own device.

Thank you for your follow-up. Unfortunately, when I go to the exclusives section of My Asus, I get an empty screen with no options to choose any lighting effects on my laptop (see image below). If you have any information regarding how I can activate this feature, I'd appreciate you please letting me know. Thanks!
asus-exclusives.png

Falcon_ASUS
ricklightheart

Thank you for your follow-up. Unfortunately, when I go to the exclusives section of My Asus, I get an empty screen with no options to choose any lighting effects on my laptop (see image below). If you have any information regarding how I can activate this feature, I'd appreciate you please letting me know. Thanks!

asus-exclusives.png

View post
@ricklightheart
After confirming with the technical unit again, your laptop's keyboard only has a single backlight, without RGB lights.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-creators/zenbook/zenbook-pro-15-flip-oled-up6502-12th-gen-intel/
image.png

Thank you for your follow-up regarding this. That's very disappointing news. Where exactly can I find a list of the full model numbers of the UP6502 that do actually support the RGB backlight feature to the keyboard? I can't see anything regarding this on the Asus website.

Falcon_ASUS
ricklightheart

Thank you for your follow-up regarding this. That's very disappointing news. Where exactly can I find a list of the full model numbers of the UP6502 that do actually support the RGB backlight feature to the keyboard? I can't see anything regarding this on the Asus website.

View post
@ricklightheart
I think you may need to check with the dealer to see if there is any product that support RGB function available for purchase in your location. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.