This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not charge Zenbook 14 UX425J - Maybe Power Delivery FW upgrade?

PJD
Star II
System: Bios 304, GOP 14.0.1033, EC Version 3.04
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX425J i5-1035G1
Frequency of occurrence: Always (after Update?)
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello!
I have set up a new ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425J. After all Updates from Windows Update I installed also all Updates from the Driver Site. Now I can't charge it anymore and both USB-C ports a dead - is it possible that the Power Delivery FW upgrade V1.0 is not compatible? Why would it install then?
In Device-Manager the USDB-Device USM-USCI ACPI-Device is not functioning and the charing LED is of. I tested the charger on another device (it's working) and another charger without luck.
I reseted the bios to defaults and did a reset by pressing the button more than 50 sek.
PS: I have just 35% battery left. This device can only be charged via USB-C
20 REPLIES 20

teunvanerp
Star I
Hey Blake,
Thanks for your answer. I can not post the link but I went into the bios and did optimize settings without any result.
Any other options? maybe a production error or something and the battery just died or got disconnected.

Thanks

Teun 

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Teun,
In this case, I would suggest you to send the device and the adapter to our service center for further checking.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

andersfriden
Star I
hi Blake

I don't know if it is related, but sometimes the battery will go completely empty during the night, and the computer won't turn off unless I plug in the charger. This happened last night: the charging is set up on Maximum lifespan mode (max 60%). I turned it off before going to sleep. When I used it this morning, battery was completely empty.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Anders,
Did you turn off the laptop or put the laptop to sleep/hibernate during the night?
Thank you.

andersfriden
Star I
hi Blake

I turn it off before going to bed (Start menu > Turn off), never let it go to sleep or hibernate.