System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
When a bought the laptop a couple of months ago, the Micro SD card slot used to work fine.
I’ve done a couple normal windows updates and now the slot doesn’t recognize any card.
From what I see from the screenshots, there are no any physical issues with the card reader. Looks like more a conflict of drives.
The Laptop is fully updated (BIOS, Windows, drivers, etc…)
I’ve sent a request to Asus Support and they gently came back with full instruction with steps. I followed everything and still doesn’t work.
In case if I:
1.    Use the “USB device” the card reader identifies that something is in the slot, but I can can’t open the card and I doesn’t show the content and volume of the card.
2.    Update the Alcor Card reader driver – it doesn’t even recognize that there is a card available.
I just Went around in circles. Please help.
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Igor Rodas
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

screenshot-2022-10-21-133712.png

screenshot-2022-10-21-133817.png

When a bought the laptop a couple of months ago, the Micro SD card slot used to work fine.

I’ve done a couple normal windows updates and now the slot doesn’t recognize any card.

From what I see from the screenshots, there are no any physical issues with the card reader. Looks like more a conflict of drives.

I’ve sent a request to Asus Support and they gently came back with full instruction with steps. I followed everything and still doesn’t work.

In case if I:

1.    Use the “USB device” the card reader identifies that something is in the slot, but I can can’t open the card and I doesn’t show the content and volume of the card.

2.    Update the Alcor Card reader driver – it doesn’t even recognize that there is a card available.

ASUS Zenbook S UX393 (11th Gen) MicroSD card slot not working
Some times, few memory cards won't show or won't show folders or files in the card, so boot Windows in to safe mode and then insert a memory card into card soltter and insert in your laptop

Falcon_ASUS
Igor Rodas
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

screenshot-2022-10-21-133712.png

screenshot-2022-10-21-133817.png

In case if I:

ASUS Zenbook S UX393 (11th Gen) MicroSD card slot not working
@Igor Rodas
As suggested by other users, please try to confirm in safe mode. If the problem persists in safe mode, it is recommended that you back up your data and restore the system.
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode | Official Support | ASUS Global[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.