This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo UX581 freezes

bohushvitali
Star I
System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18363.1049 (1909/November 2019 Update) / Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19041.450 (2004/May 2020 Update) - offered in Windows Update Center
Battery or AC: No difference. Idle / Under load - No difference
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: Multiple times per day
Reset OS: Yes. Using F9 with ASUS Factory Image
Screenshot or video: Playlist on Youtube playlist?list=PLChcXj5lTvV_R7jAvodFAXEkYl9LvQNG8
========================
Detailed description:
Laptop freezes with images of both screens (Hard Reboot required)
Laptop freezes with image on main screen and horizontal lines on very bottom of the Screenpad (Hard Reboot required)
Laptop freezes with glitches on the Screenpad. Fans starting to spin quickly with loud noise. After 15 secs reboots automatically.
Laptop continue to work but Screenpad has glitches on the left side (Running Asus ScreenPad optimizer doesn't solve the issue)
Laptop continue to work but Screenpad refresh rate drops so flickering is visible to eye (Running Asus ScreenPad optimizer doesn't solve the issue)

All the latest utils, drivers, BIOS installed. Hardware diagnostic in MyAsus shows OK
Issue still present. After that I made factory reset several times and carefully updated and installed software.

Could you please help me identify the faulty component.

Assumptions:
Faulty Power controller
Faulty Screenpad controller
Faulty BIOS Firmware
Faulty GPU adapter

The laptop has been in RMA with this issue. Factory image was restored and it was returned with report that all tests passed.
Returning device though the store is impossible due to exceeding number of days of return policy.
is this issue familiar to other of the owners of this model? Is there known solutions?
What action can I expect from Asus in this case?

Thanks
0 REPLIES 0