Star III
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX482EG
Frequency of occurrence: Regular
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I am having battery life issue on so called power saving mode of ASUS i.e Whisper mode. I am getting 5 hours battery life (screenpad off) on edge video playback 720p. In comparison I am getting 10 hours battery life on Balanced mode with same operations. Consulted service centre few times. They have no answers. Have written mails to ASUS with no response from 8 months. If Whisper mode is the mist power efficient mode in ASUS laptops then why I am getting rhe worst battery life after switching to that mode. Can I anyone help?
29 REPLIES 29

kapilharmilapi
Star III
@potatosubwoofer
Thanks for the much useful information. One thing more i want to ask you....which variant of Zenobook 14 duo UX482 you have? Is it Intel EVO certified? Mine is i5, 512 ssd, nvidia mx450 graphic dedicated card. Its not Intel EVO certified. Can u confirm your variant. Actually what i know from ASUS official website that models with integrated int iris graphics are EVO certified with better battery life. The one with Nvidia mx450 have less battery life in comparison. Please confirm.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
kapilharmilapi

@potatosubwoofer

Thanks for the much useful information. One thing more i want to ask you....which variant of Zenobook 14 duo UX482 you have? Is it Intel EVO certified? Mine is i5, 512 ssd, nvidia mx450 graphic dedicated card. Its not Intel EVO certified. Can u confirm your variant. Actually what i know from ASUS official website that models with integrated int iris graphics are EVO certified with better battery life. The one with Nvidia mx450 have less battery life in comparison. Please confirm.

View post
Mine is the i7 1165G7 with MX450. Model number UX482EG

No it is not EVO certified, however I do get similar battery life as the EVO certified models when my programs are not using the onboard MX450.

kapilharmilapi
Star III
@potatosubwoofer
Can I ask u how much battery life u get with both screens ON with moderate usage (video playback on one screen & browser on other) 40 to 50% brightness on Balanced mode? I get arnd 8 hrs battery life with both screens ON with the same specifications mentioned above. (with Nvidia not in use)

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
kapilharmilapi

@potatosubwoofer

Can I ask u how much battery life u get with both screens ON with moderate usage (video playback on one screen & browser on other) 40 to 50% brightness on Balanced mode? I get arnd 8 hrs battery life with both screens ON with the same specifications mentioned above. (with Nvidia not in use)

View post
Yes, about the same as you. My graphics card is also not in use when doing these tasks.
Actually, running both screens at maximum brightness does not result in significantly less battery life - perhaps 30 minutes or an hour less.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.