This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook 17 Fold UX9702AA, clean install Windows Hello doesn't work.

darktears31
Star III

Hi,

My company requires a full wipe of the OS to be able to access company resources. Everything is working but Windows Hello. Device Manager shows an error with Camera Sensor OV01A1S and Intel Visual Sensing Controlling Device which I suspect is the Windows Hello part.

I'm up to date everywhere and I installed all the drivers on the Support page (including the camera).

Edition Windows 11 Enterprise
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎1/‎13/‎2023
OS build 22621.1105
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Hello, @darktears31 Sorry for the slow response due to the Lunar New Year holiday a while ago.

Could you provide your serial number via PM? I will confirm the details for you immediately.

Thank you.

darktears31
Star III

Unfortunately, Asus support was not willing to help me claiming that Windows Enteprise isn't supported (yet they don't sell a business version of this laptop).  Luckily for me I work at Intel corporation and could reach the team to fix the issue for me. No reinstall was needed. The driver package that Asus distribute is incorrect, if someone has the same issue hopefully Asus will come around and investigate it.

Hello, @darktears31 .

I have PM you several times to confirm the details of the problem you might be having.
Would it be possible for you to review and respond to the request in the PM inbox?

Thank you.

Yes, I was dealing with another support person, so I thought I didn't need to reply to you.

Anyway for the community, in order to fix the bug I first reported make sure to install the drivers Version V63.22000.3.9848 for the camera. Anything else won't likely work on a clean install of Windows.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.