Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally spilled Coke ( soda ) on my zenbook pro duo

Star I

Hey guys, 

I was drinking coke and it was power outage, I mistakenly spilled coke on my zenbook pro duo and now it won't boot, also can't open the motherboard as I don't have proper tools, have to wait until tomorrow to take it to service, does anybody have ideas if it's alright to keep the laptop as it is or maybe some tricks to try so that the coke doesn't dry up inside the motherboard and starts corroding internal parts. 


Thanks 💯



Recommended procedures when liquids are spilled onto the notebook or its keyboard

  1. Please turn off the notebook, remove the battery (for the models with removable battery), and unplug the AC adapter immediately.
  2. Dry the liquid off the laptop and keyboard with a clean paper towel.
  3. Move the laptop near a sink and tilt it by 90 degrees to pour the remaining liquid out of the notebook.
  4. Dry the notebook and keyboard again with a clean paper towel.
  5. Leave the notebook to dry for at least 24 hours.
    Note: NEVER use a hair dryer to dry the notebook as the heat could deform it.
  6. After the notebook has been properly dried, try turning it on. If the notebook turns on successfully, please backup all your important files as soon as possible.
  7. Even if the notebook seems to function normally, it is strongly recommended to contact your ASUS service center and arrange an inspection and maintenance to prevent any malfunction that could be caused by oxidation and corrosion.

The following is the contact information: 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information: 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.