cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Vivobook M1605YA

doraemon_1989
Star I

Just bought a Vivobook M1605YA, planning to upgrade it for the SSD and the RAM

a) Crucial DDR4 3200 SODIMM 8GB (CT8G4SFRA32A)

b) 2TB - Samsung 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB

Or any other model/ Brand could suggest to me please?

Many thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@doraemon_1989
Due to the multitude of brands in the market, we cannot test all products.
Your laptop model has one replaceable memory slot, with a maximum support of 8GB for a single slot. (the memory type is DDR4(3200MHz)
As for the M.2 SSD, the maximum capacity it supports is 1TB.
If you wish to upgrade to higher specifications, we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility. 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Jason3
Star II

The upgrades you are considering for your VivoBook M1605YA – adding Crucial DDR4 3200 SODIMM 8GB RAM and a Samsung 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD – sound like solid choices. However, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:

1. RAM Compatibility:

• Ensure that the Crucial DDR4 3200 SODIMM is compatible with your laptop. Check your laptop's manual or the manufacturer's website for the supported RAM specifications. If your laptop supports DDR4 3200MHz, the Crucial RAM you've chosen should work well.
  2. SSD Compatibility:

• Confirm that the Samsung 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD is compatible with your laptop. Check if your laptop supports NVMe SSDs and whether it has an M.2 slot that fits the physical size of the Samsung 980. Additionally, verify whether your laptop supports PCIe 3.0, as the SSD you've chosen is designed for this interface.
  3. Other Recommendations:

• For RAM, Corsair, Kingston, and G.Skill are other reputable brands that offer DDR4 SODIMM modules. Look for models with similar specifications to the Crucial RAM you've chosen.

• For SSDs, other reliable brands include WD (Western Digital), Crucial, Kingston, and Adata. The WD Blue SN550 and Adata XPG SX8200 Pro are popular alternatives to the Samsung 980. Ensure the SSD you choose is compatible with your laptop's specifications.

4. Warranty and Reviews:

• Consider checking customer reviews for the specific models you're interested in to get an idea of real-world performance and reliability. Also, pay attention to warranty information, as it can be an important factor in case you encounter any issues.
  5. Capacity Considerations:

• Ensure that the 8GB RAM upgrade is sufficient for your usage needs. If you find that your laptop frequently runs out of memory or if you engage in memory-intensive tasks, you might consider a larger RAM capacity.

• Similarly, verify if 2TB is the right SSD capacity for your storage requirements. If you don't need that much storage, you could opt for a smaller capacity SSD to save on cost.

Always check for the latest product specifications and compatibility information before making a purchase. If in doubt, you can also consult with the laptop manufacturer's support or community forums for advice on compatible upgrades for your specific model.

doraemon_1989
Star I

Is there any video/ demonstration of how I could disassemble and install the RAM and SSD on my laptop? I am a newbie. thanks in advance

@doraemon_1989
We do not have disassembly videos for your laptop available for reference. Perhaps you can consider looking on other online sharing platforms, such as YouTube. If you are not familiar with the disassembly and replacement of components, we still recommend visiting a service center where our staff can assist you. Thank you.