cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some parameters are missing in Intel Graphics Command Center

D_IMAN
Rising Star II

A couple of weeks ago the Intel Graphics Command Center application was updated
And there the saturation\hue\bpc settings, etc. disappeared.

I contacted Intel, they took a long time to figure out what was going on, and asked me to contact the laptop manufacturer!

Here is a thread in the Intel community
https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-Control-Panel/td-p/1542692

We are talking about these parameters:
https://images.app.goo.gl/WLBEvP7thu3xK2c57
https://images.app.goo.gl/5WA9uhsodxBnaU4A9

The screenshots are not mine, I found them on Google as an example!
I don't have these options...

Can you explain why these settings disappeared?

Quote from intel support:
Hello qwerty007, Thank you very much for your patience. I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case we would like to let you know that the Hue and Saturation options are not available because their OEM enabled the XVYCC mode. What we recommend then will be to contact your OEM to ask for a way to configure this feature. Still, if you need the Hue and Saturation options available, then it will be needed to disable the XVYCC mode manually (via remote login), and install graphics drivers from the OEM to re-enable this mode.

12 REPLIES 12

D_IMAN
Rising Star II

@Falcon_ASUS 

Intel also sent me the following instructions:

As an alternative, in order to try to activate those features, please follow the steps below. Keep in mind that there is a risk of modifying the Windows registry that may create instability in your computer and affect the functionality of your whole system. So, to try the steps below will be at your own risk:

1. Click on Start.
2. Search for 'regedit.exe' and run the application.
3. Click on 'Edit' -> 'Find'.
4. Type in XVYCCFeatureEnable (Note: This is key sensitive) and hit Enter.
The default __cpLocation for this key should be: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\]
5. Right-click on the 'XVYCCFreatureEnable' and select 'Modify'.
6. Replace the default hexadecimal value 1 with 0
7. Click 'Ok'.
8. Restart the computer.

I haven't tried to use it yet.

What does the technical team have to say about this instruction?

@D_IMAN
I have once again forwarded your feedback to the technical team for confirmation.
However, in the meantime, the tech team would like to inquire whether adjusting through MyASUS meets your requirements.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

If you mean the default colors in MyASUS, then no, they don’t match. They're too rich...

D_IMAN
Rising Star II

@Falcon_ASUS 

Intel constantly sends me to ASUS with this problem...

What should I answer them?

@D_IMAN
The tech team tested the modification of the registry value using Win10 Pure OS and did not find any obvious issues. And it was observed that your laptop was shipped without the ASUS original OS.
It is suggested that you try this registry modification on your own. If it causes display issues, please inform us.
Additionally, the occurrence of this phenomenon is related to Microsoft Store updates, so it is recommended to report the issue to Intel again.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.