This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram Upgrade : 4gb+ 4gb or 4gb +8gb ?

Jonas_hr
Star I
I'm using Asus Vivobook 15 x512fa. There is one fixed slot 4gb & one empty slot available for me.
I'm confused whether I should go for 4gb+[4gb] or 4gb +[8gb]. In case If buy Ram with same clock speed & all other parameters except using different memory sizes. Is it going to affect my performance ?
I've seen very mixed opinion on Internet about this. Please help me figure out right configuration so that I can make this purchase
Current Ram : Size - 4GB; Type- DDR4 Clock Speed- 2667; Form Factor- 12; Manufacturer - Samsung;
On my CPU Z memory tab it says 4GB DDR4; Channel #Single; CAS# Latency (CL) 10.0 clocks. 4GB non-removable.
Also I'd like to know if my system support 'flexi mode' or dual channel mode based on the other threads I've seen on this topic.
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
Jonas_hr

I'm using Asus Vivobook 15 x512fa. There is one fixed slot 4gb & one empty slot available for me.

I'm confused whether I should go for 4gb+[4gb] or 4gb +[8gb]. In case If buy Ram with same clock speed & all other parameters except using different memory sizes. Is it going to affect my performance ?

I've seen very mixed opinion on Internet about this. Please help me figure out right configuration so that I can make this purchase

Current Ram : Size - 4GB; Type- DDR4 Clock Speed- 2667; Form Factor- 12; Manufacturer - Samsung;

On my CPU Z memory tab it says 4GB DDR4; Channel #Single; CAS# Latency (CL) 10.0 clocks. 4GB non-removable.

Also I'd like to know if my system support 'flexi mode' or dual channel mode based on the other threads I've seen on this topic.

Ram Upgrade : 4gb+ 4gb or 4gb +8gb ?
@Jonas_hr
Regarding the memory slot, you can insert a 8GB memory to use.
The memory specification is DDR4 DDR4 2400 SO-D 8G 260P.
Thank you.  

Jonas_hr
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
Thanks for the reply. My existing Ram clock speed is 2667, but the one you recommended for second slot is 8gb 2400. Is that going to be an issue if we add Rams of different speed ? Also will the addition of 8gb with 4gb allow dual channel mode for my system ?
Thank you.

Falcon_ASUS
Jonas_hr

@Falcon_ASUS

Thanks for the reply. My existing Ram clock speed is 2667, but the one you recommended for second slot is 8gb 2400. Is that going to be an issue if we add Rams of different speed ? Also will the addition of 8gb with 4gb allow dual channel mode for my system ?

Thank you.

View post
@Jonas_hr
For now, there is no need to be limited to running dual channels.
Since we cannot guarantee the stability of installing higher frequency memory with you.
We would still recommend that you install DDR4 2400 memory for use.
Thank you.

Jonas_hr
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
Thank you very much for the reply. Is DDR4 2400 recommendation specific for my system ? I've seen online sources telling to get ram either of same speed or higher speed.
Also from the crucial scan I got an option of buying DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 CL-17 RAM for my 4gb DDR4 2667 Cl-19 RAM. Should I go ahead and buy this one ?