This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver has to be reinstalled

Polish_N
Star I

Hello, i have a # X541UJ #laptop and i recently started having issues with my Bluetooth driver

The issue is i have to reinstall the driver everytime i turn on the PC as no bluetooth device of mine can work with my laptop because of this.

Is there any fix as this issue has become very frustrating to deal with especially because the drivers from Windows Update and Asus's website do not cooperate well with me.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Cassiebratt
Star I

@Polish_NMaryKayInTouch wrote:

Hello, i have a # X541UJ #laptop and i recently started having issues with my Bluetooth driver

The issue is i have to reinstall the driver everytime i turn on the PC as no bluetooth device of mine can work with my laptop because of this.

Is there any fix as this issue has become very frustrating to deal with especially because the drivers from Windows Update and Asus's website do not cooperate well with me.

Regards.

Hello,

I understand that having to reinstall the Bluetooth driver every time you turn on your #X541UJ laptop is frustrating. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Update the Driver:

Manually download the latest driver:
Go to the ASUS website and search for your specific laptop model.
In the support section, find the "Drivers and Downloads" page.
Download the latest version of the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver for your Windows version.
Once downloaded, run the installer as administrator.
Update from Device Manager:
Press Windows key + X and select "Device Manager".
Expand "Bluetooth" and right-click on your Bluetooth adapter.
Select "Update driver" and choose "Search automatically for updated driver software".
If Windows finds a newer driver, it will install it automatically.
2. Prevent Automatic Driver Updates:

Disable automatic driver updates:
Press Windows key + R and type "gpedit.msc".
Navigate to "Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update".
Double-click on "Do not allow automatic updates for drivers with matching hardware IDs".
Select "Enabled" and click "Apply" and "OK".
This will prevent Windows from automatically updating the Bluetooth driver in the future.
3. Check for Software Conflicts:

Disable any antivirus or security software temporarily:
Sometimes antivirus software can interfere with driver installations.
Try disabling your antivirus or security software temporarily and then reinstalling the Bluetooth driver.
4. Reset Network Settings:

Resetting network settings can sometimes resolve driver issues:
Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status.
Scroll down and click on "Network reset".
This will reset your network settings and may help resolve the Bluetooth issue.
5. Consider a Clean Windows Installation:

If none of the above steps work, you may need to consider a clean Windows installation:
This will erase all your data and settings, so make sure to back up everything important before proceeding.
A clean installation can sometimes fix driver issues that are caused by corrupted system files.

Additional Tips:

Make sure you are logged in as an administrator when installing the driver.
Run the driver installer in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows if necessary.
Check the ASUS website for any known issues with the Bluetooth driver for your laptop model.

I hope the information may helps you. 

Falcon_ASUS

@Polish_N 
If your Bluetooth driver is malfunctioning after a system update, we recommend referring to the following FAQ to remove the Bluetooth device and then reinstall the driver provided on our website.
[Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - Bluetooth Functionality Anomaly Issue

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/x541uj/helpdesk_download/ 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.