Star I
System: Win 11 22H2
Battery or AC: SameSame
Model: Vivobook Ryzen 5 15 OLED - X513UA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Tried that
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:New laptop. Worked at first. Then I updated the BIOS from ver 311 to ver 317, and I think that's when it started. Now there is no sound, speaker in windows bar with X on it, nothing in Device Manager about any audio device. Can't downgrade to 311 again. Tried Reset PC. Tried installing latest audio driver from MS store which Asus directs me to, tried chipset driver, tried win troubleshooters. Nothing helps!
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
evajans54
  1. System: Win 11 22H2
  2. Battery or AC: SameSame
  3. Model: Vivobook Ryzen 5 15 OLED - X513UA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Tried that
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:New laptop. Worked at first. Then I updated the BIOS from ver 311 to ver 317, and I think that's when it started. Now there is no sound, speaker in windows bar with X on it, nothing in Device Manager about any audio device. Can't downgrade to 311 again. Tried Reset PC. Tried installing latest audio driver from MS store which Asus directs me to, tried chipset driver, tried win troubleshooters. Nothing helps!

No audio device in Win 11 Device Manager
@evajans54
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix the Sound (Speakers/Microphones) problems | Offi...If the situation remains the same, since this is a newly purchased laptop, I would recommend that you report to your dealer to see if you can return or exchange the product.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.