cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K6604JI - Drivers & a Few Q's

marvin-miller
Star I

Hi folks!

I just got a new K6604JI and it's awesome!

I could use a driver for Windows x64 for the camera and there's none posted on the site. It appears to be made by Sonix and it's supposed to use AI to do stuff. I can't find a driver for it anywhere including on the SSD that comes with the laptop.

This unit has an adaptive color light sensor. Does it require a driver because I also can't find one for it. How can I test it to see if it's working?

Lastly, I'm missing all my gorgeous wallpaper. Is there a link to where I can get it? I reverted the laptop to Windows 10 and have everything working perfectly except for the last issues mentioned above. Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

marvin-miller
Star I

Just to update my own thread, and for the sake of others...

The Asus wallpapers can be found in the %SYSTEMROOT%\Windows\Web directory. 

The adaptive light sensor can be tested by shining a flashlight into it and then watching the display get much brighter (assuming it's not already on the brightest setting)

Drivers for the system, along with an install routine, can be found at the root of the drive in a directory called eSupport

Still don't know if there is a specific driver for the web camera though....

@marvin-miller
Thank you for sharing and providing your information. 
Unfortunately, we do not offer drivers for this model on Windows 10, so we cannot guarantee its stability and compatibility on the Windows 10 system.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

marvin-miller
Star I

Do you have a webcam driver for Windows 11 ?

@marvin-miller
The camera driver is included in the system and can generally be updated through system updates. 
For related operations, you can refer to the following.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/109836/#Win11_A5 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.