HDR issue

3dmikee
Rising Star I
System: Win11
Battery or AC:
Model: vivobok 15 m513 ryzen
Frequency of occurrence: every time
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z8c-84ZCvA (this guy showed on video same issue)
========================
Detailed description:All videos show crazy colors, some more or less. Rebooting helps temporarily until you use HDR again.
Steps to reproduce:
1. enable HDR
2. disable HDR. If not visible, turn on full screen mode or scroll up-down the page
Current driver versions:
1. AMD Radeon Graphics - 30.0.13044.3001
2. Vivobook UEFI - 10.1.2.312
Also AMD Graphic Control Panel Apllication wont start up.
jpg.jpg
d1-8d-d0-ba-d1-80-d0-b0-d0-bd-d0-b0-2022-06-28-144036.jpg
d1-8d-d0-ba-d1-80-d0-b0-d0-bd-d0-b0-2022-06-28-144222.jpg

78 REPLIES 78

Arjun_C
Star III
3dmikee

image.png

image.png

@Arjun C Some Windows Update is AMD Gpu Driver, you can check it Settings - Windows Update - Update History.

I thought that would not work, it started with the first installation of ASUS Splendid. I don't have time to deal with it yet, but I think the previous method might help, keep me posted.

View post
Hmm i remember seeing like Vesa HDR 600 certification. Anyways im installing windows 10 now

rtk_r
Star I
Try this -
Go to Setting>Display>HDR
Turn on HDR
And in battery option - Select "Optimize for Image Quality" ---> This solves this issue(Green shade on bright part of the video) for me.

3dmikee
Rising Star I
No, it didn't work

Arjun_C
Star III
3dmikee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghoKHqs0Us4&t=1s&pp=ugMICgJydRABGAE%3D

View post
Does this solve our color issue? I think ours is something related to hardware acceleration. If you run your chrome or edge with Nvidia GPU thats issue is solved but again it consumes more battery and in the offline videos are still affected.

3dmikee
Rising Star I
@Arjun C Rolling back to Windows 10 didn't solve it? I seem to see that most of the problem reports are from people with AMD graphics cards or their processor. I'm going through the solutions from my last post right now and trying to catch it