System: Windows 10 64 bit
Battery or AC: Either
Model: k501uw
Frequency of occurrence: ~2 months
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
RAM Model: 1x8gb Crucial CT8G4SFS8266
========================
Detailed description:I bought 8gb of RAM to upgrade my laptop. I used it for around two months and suddenly it stopped working. I contacted the seller because it was still on warranty, they changed it and i put the new chip again. Two months later, it stopped working again. Now the seller says that it might be because of my computer. Has anybody experienced something similar? I wanted to know if there's a known problem before starting to complain with the seller.
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
marcos.celi7
  1. System: Windows 10 64 bit
  2. Battery or AC: Either
  3. Model: k501uw
  4. Frequency of occurrence: ~2 months
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:
  7. RAM Model: 1x8gb Crucial CT8G4SFS8266

========================

Detailed description:I bought 8gb of RAM to upgrade my laptop. I used it for around two months and suddenly it stopped working. I contacted the seller because it was still on warranty, they changed it and i put the new chip again. Two months later, it stopped working again. Now the seller says that it might be because of my computer. Has anybody experienced something similar? I wanted to know if there's a known problem before starting to complain with the seller.

External RAM Failure
Did you confirmed that your laptop can be upgraded to 8GB Ram module before buying ram module from the asus technical support technician or from the Asus service technician?
Normally Asua does not recommend to upgrade hardware parts to higher capacity without consulting from asus technicians.
Your laptop initially came with some GB of RAM module, so that RAM module is working means , then from laptop site no issues.
Generally, Same company ram modules must be upgraded so that maximum performance is executed.
I dont have your model laptop, i have vivobook laptop, my laptop came with Adata 8GB dual-sided ram module, so i inserted another Adata 8GB dual-sided ram module. So no issues from my laptop. Before purchasing RAm module, i consulted with asus laptop service technician, he said ok.
Try with this solution
take Pencil rubber, RUB with Gold plates on RAM module on both sides.
.NOTE.
Single-sided RAM modules does not compatible with Dual-sided RAM modules.