This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on Use of Laptop with AC power

sohamaherkar
Star I
I was purchsed a new ASUS vivobook M515 laptop in nov 2021. Sometimes, I forget to switch off the power button and it puts my laptop on AC power. Can it harm or damage hardware of my laptop? Is this a bad habit? some websites says it can damage the hardware of your laptop even you have a ASUS vivobook laptop.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
sohamaherkar

Sometimes, I forget to switch off the power button and it puts my laptop on AC power. Can it harm or damage my laptop? Is this a bad habit?

@sohamaherkar
You just need to be careful not to drain the battery too low.
Please refer to the following information.

ASUS Battery Information Center
[Notebook] The specification and suggested instruction of battery/adapter | Official Support | ASUS ...Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sohamaherkar

I was purchsed a new ASUS vivobook M515 laptop in nov 2021. Sometimes, I forget to switch off the power button and it puts my laptop on AC power. Can it harm or damage hardware of my laptop? Is this a bad habit? some websites says it can damage the hardware of your laptop even you have a ASUS vivobook laptop.

Leave off , what you did in yesterday to laptop. But in future dont put continuesly charged to lpatop

TD47
Star II
1) If you are using your laptop daily, then putting it to sleep by closing the lid is just fine. If you are NOT going to use it for a while, then by all means power it off, and remove the charging chord. Leaving it in sleep, with the charging chord still plugged in, is NOT going to cause any damage, ignore the rubbish theories from non-experts. See note 2 below.
2) Asus and many other makes have a "Battery Health" option or ECO setting, to limit the charging to stop at 80%, by software controllable charging circuits. Just go to your MyAsus app, and set the Battery Health option to Balanced Mode, as this can increase the usable lifetime of your battery.