Battery or AC:
Model: X571GT
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
ASUS x571GT problems and glitches with HDMI1.4

I have purchased an Asus VG248QG monitor for a X571GT laptop, I have connected them with a 10.2GB / S HDMI 1.4 and the monitor shows me "no signal" problems. The pc is updated trying to establish the connection with the monitor without success.

I need a quick solution because the 1.4 cable works, I have tested it on playstation and it works, but on the pc the cable does not show a signal and I need to get the highest numbers from my monitor.

The monitor and laptop connector work since he was busy with other HDMI cables.

another thing

Will I be able to take advantage of 165hz if my laptop has only a 1.4 HDMI?

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
cristo_dh_
  1. System: 64 bits
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: X571GT
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

ASUS x571GT problems and glitches with HDMI1.4

I have purchased an Asus VG248QG monitor for a X571GT laptop, I have connected them with a 10.2GB / S HDMI 1.4 and the monitor shows me "no signal" problems. The pc is updated trying to establish the connection with the monitor without success.

I need a quick solution because the 1.4 cable works, I have tested it on playstation and it works, but on the pc the cable does not show a signal and I need to get the highest numbers from my monitor.

The monitor and laptop connector work since he was busy with other HDMI cables.

another thing

Will I be able to take advantage of 165hz if my laptop has only a 1.4 HDMI?

ASUS x571GT problems and glitches with HDMI 1.4
@cristo_dh_
Did you purchase the cable separately, or did it come with the box when you purchased the screen?
If you change it to the one provided on the screen, will the situation improve?
Thank you.

cristo_dh_
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50455/asus-x571gt-problems-and-glitches-with-hdmi-1-4

@cristo_dh_

Did you purchase the cable separately, or did it come with the box when you purchased the screen?

If you change it to the one provided on the screen, will the situation improve?

Thank you.

View post
the hdmi 1.4 cable did not come with the monitor, i bought it seperately

I am currently using the monitor with a lower bandwidth hdmi cable, it supports me up to 120hz in 1080p, which to play I would like to have 144hz or up to 165hz from my monitor.

My problem is quite rare, as I mentioned earlier, when connecting the higher bandwidth cable the laptop is not able to power the monitor, therefore it tries to connect again and again without achieving and throwing the screen of no signal approximately every 5 seconds, which is how long it takes to try to reconnect the monitor.

So, I don't know what I can do, I don't know if I will need another cable or an adapter since the monitor also has a Display Port output but my laptop only has an HDMI output.

As mentioned above. I am connecting 2 HDMI 1.4 ports with HDMI 1.4 cable and it doesn't work.

I have also updated the display drivers and the monitor still does not work

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Try to select Power mode as High-performance mode under battery settings, and then retart windows

cristo_dh_
Star I

I have tried but is has not worked.
In power options i have created a High-performance mode, i have restarted the laptop and it still did not send a signal to the monitor.
the monitor currently works with HDMI cable at 120hz in 1080p but in the Nvidia Control Panel the screen configuration does not appear, only the 3D configuration appears, also when i conect the HDMI 1.4 cable it doesn´t recognize a signal.
However Windows recognizes that there is a monitor conected.
The Nvidia Control panel tells me that my screen vg248qg is conected to my laptop´s IGPU and not to my GPU, what should i do to connect my screen to my Geforce GTX 1650?