uplink
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: OPM1.171019.026.WW_Phone-15.1630.1811.46
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
Rooted: No
APP Name: Operating System

Hey there Well, since the Asus ROG Phone [hope I've gotten the Mode Number right] is a 1000e Phone, one would guess it could work at least as a 100e Android phone. Aaaand, it couldn't. So here's my buglist:
  • SMS don't work, rather barely, with Google Messages, must use Textra in order to receive/send SMSes. Google Messages exhibits tons of errors, won't list them here, would take me half to do do so. From not selected dedicated SIM card, to unable to send SMS, via tons of others. I'd use Textra, it's just not compatibile with Messages for Web from Google.
  • Accelerometer, or gyroscope, or whatever. Turning screen, very basic function. Gets stuck tons of times, I have to turn phone to 180° - 240° in order for the turning screen function to start working, sometimes even lock and unlock phone. Very, very, very annoying.
  • Bluetooth is losing device connection many times [Jabra t65 Elite, Bose Bluetooth Headset Series 2, and a few more.]
  • Screen is weird, this is I believe a HW issue, and please don't tell me to RMA the product. If I've to RMA every product I've gotten suggestion to RMA, I'd be living in an empty apartment and waiting for every single product to come back from RMA. No thank You. It's just the screen is wavy and exhibits some weird pattern from time to time [sigh].
Please fix those SMSes and accelerometer as soon as You can. It's a terrible thing, when such an expensive phone has issues with such a basic functionality. Cheers.
3 REPLIES 3

rapsux164
Star I
I also had issues with texts not working when I first got my rog phone, but gas since resolved itself. As for the screen issue, let's hope it doesn't require an RMA. My phone screen shattered all 4 corners on the first drop from about 2.5 feet up and Asus told me they'd gladly fix it for 420$ and a 7-10 business delay. I'm sure they'll tell you it's not covered under warranty either.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi uplink, 1) Could you tell me your "Messages" app version? Not selected dedicated SIM card: Do you mean choosing the preferred SIM when sending? Unable to send SMS: Which carrier are you using? Have you tried with a different carrier? Could you show me a screenshot of the error? How often does this happen? 2) Could you show me a short video of the auto rotate problem? Does it happen especially on which app? 3) For Bluetooth do you mean it disconnects automatically? Is it still in a close range with the phone? Please also show me a short video of the problem if possible. 4) Please show me a photo of the screen problem. Thank you.

ZT-e324756b
Star I
bugreport-ww-i001d-qkq1-190825-002-2020-04-28-13-35-25.png
bugreport-ww-i001d-qkq1-190825-002-2020-05-20-00-29-02.png
bugreport-ww-i001d-qkq1-190825-002-2020-06-12-01-34-28.png
bugreport-ww-i001d-qkq1-190825-002-2020-06-11-22-48-29.png
ROG Phone 2