This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to test out this charging technique......

Bvpp
Star II
Really loved the slow charging feature on Rog 3, was thinking of implementing something similar on the ROG 2. Have a couple of Mi (5w) and Samsung (10w) bricks lying around at home.
Question is would it be a good idea to use these bricks to slow charge the ROG 2? Would I be looking at any potential hazard waiting to happen? Since these are not fast chargers, I expect it to be on the safer side, but I'm not fully aware of these things, any suggestions guys?

7 REPLIES 7

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
I don't know anything about using other companies chargers but one thing that asus can do is bringing the slow charging option in the next update

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @Bvpp,
You can open settings and find Battery care to use this.
It will reduce charging rate and you can schedule the same accordingly.

Not applicable
ARP_ASUS

Hi @Bvpp,

You can open settings and find Battery care to use this.

It will reduce charging rate and you can schedule the same accordingly.

View post
That means that slow charging option is exclusively for rog 3???? Rog 2 is being ignored since beginning of this year, after android 10 rog 2 is ignored like it never existed. Your reply are good to satisfy us for like a month that it might get fixed in next update or we might se something new but now i have learnt that i must not get my hopes up because now i know nothing new is coming and more over nothing else is getting fixed. Please just say "we gave up on rog 2" so we dont get our hopes up ever.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/104504#Comment_104504

That means that slow charging option is exclusively for rog 3???? Rog 2 is being ignored since beginning of this year, after android 10 rog 2 is ignored like it never existed. Your reply are good to satisfy us for like a month that it might get fixed in next update or we might se something new but now i have learnt that i must not get my hopes up because now i know nothing new is coming and more over nothing else is getting fixed. Please just say "we gave up on rog 2" so we dont get our hopes up ever.

View post
I just got a update last month along with the latest security patch. They haven't abandoned the rog 2. I'm personally more concerned about volte and voWiFi than anything else. T-mobile users have till the end of the year before the rog 2 will no longer be compatible on their network. I use AT&T so I have until February 2022. I noticed they've been enabling it lots of European carriers but not a single North American carrier. I'd love to know if they're anticipating on doing this