11-07-2020 10:15 AM
11-07-2020 10:20 AM
11-07-2020 12:41 PM
11-07-2020 08:52 PM
gsanchezThis is not screen issue if it was hardware issue then why this is solved by phone restart
Ghost touch is always a hardware problem. You must get your device to your nearest service center and let them take a look. I had this problem, but with my old iPhone X, and only screen replacement solved it.
11-08-2020 10:57 AM
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 2 (12GB RAM 512GB Storage) WW Version (From US)
- Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.49
- Rooted or not: NO
- Frequency of Occurrence: Every Time
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome or Brave browsers
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
- Glove Mode: Disabled
- Air Triggers: Disabled
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
I have detected an issue that happens every time when I browse some specific URLs, using Chrome Browser or Brave Browser, for example the following URL:
After loading that URL in the browser and then scrolling up and down a few times quickly, the screen became unresponsive, even after closing the browser.
Attempts to use the phone after this is almost impossible, all apps fails because of the ghost touches.
Testing the screen using a "Touch Screen Test" app, I can see the ghost touch issue, since it detects at least 2 touches in different places even though I'm using only 1 finger.
The only way to fix is to restart the phone.
I have owned this phone for 1 year aprox and never experienced this issue, looks like software related.
What I don't understand is why after closing the browser (killing it on the task manager), the issue persist and the only workaround is to restart the phone.
HOW TO REPRODUCE:
- Open Chrome Browser or Brave Browser
- Navigate the URL: https://www.jba.gr/es/Hebreos-10_23-29-35-39-si-pecamos-voluntariamente-si-alguno-retrocede.htm
- Scroll the screen up and down a few times quickly
- Now the screen should start showing the issue
Could someone else test if this happens on other phone or it is just mine?
Thanks in advance,
Ghost touch after browsing specific URLs with Chrome or Brave