This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

mayankbajpai90
Star II
I am also having similar auto restart and switch off problem. When I put my phone on charging it switches off and charges slowly.
While gaming the screen freezes and I have to restart the game couple of times and it still keeps on freezing.
All of this strted when I updated the phone to android 10 beta version.
Please asus get a fix for this as I cannot even send my phone for a fix because of the COVID-19 lockdown

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mayankbajpai90

I am also having similar auto restart and switch off problem. When I put my phone on charging it switches off and charges slowly.

While gaming the screen freezes and I have to restart the game couple of times and it still keeps on freezing.

Please asus get a fix for this as I cannot even send my phone for a fix because of the COVID-19 lockdown

View post
I will send you a private message with our log tool and instructions on how to use it so we can determine if you have a software or hardware issue

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
koi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49133#Comment_49133

Tried almost everything. But still nothing happened, from custom flash, erase and wipe, update one by one whatever availble update ther is, still none. Same issue. When charger plugged in it shuts down. However i would not deduce it as hardware issue because whenever charge the phone in fastboot mode, or flash it through pc, it wont shutdown nor restart.. DAMN THIS BETA, biggest REGRET of my LIFE! and ASUS doesbt have a FIX!

View post
I can take a log from you too. I'll send you a PM

Lunia
Star II
mayankbajpai90

View post
I also have the same problem where my phone shuts off when I charge it and freeze while gaming too. But now I'm facing an even bigger problem where my phone is completely frozen and unresponsive. Can't shut it off to restart or reboot, Power button not responding at all, nor was the screen too. It had been unresponsive for nearly 3 hours now and I don't know what to do. Is there any ways to reboot ROG2??? This phone is becoming more and more problematic as days pass by and I can't even go out to have it fixed.

Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49815#Comment_49815

I can take a log from you too. I'll send you a PM

View post
I have ghoust issues can you please tell is it soft ware or hard ware iissuees