cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Freezes, Restarted and now stuck in Bootloop

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 Ultimate Edition ( 1 TB )
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 2
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact Latest Version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I've updated the game "Genshin Impact" before updating that phone was working well.
Then once it got updated the phone freezes then I tried to do a hard power off by holding the power button for 10 to 15 seconds. But it didn't turn off right away so I tried to hold it again and it turned off.

While I was waiting for my phone to restart the phone boot looped. I tried to go to recovery mode and wiped the data and it seems it didn't find any file.

Can you please help why did this occur. Been taking care of this phone a lot. and it will be it's 3rd year this coming months.

215901747-1275064199617591-6161490603764502174-n.jpg
220182205-547613676381198-7771522730546316853-n.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Falcon_ASUS
Ralph Christian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177520#Comment_177520

I only have 1 year warranty though. As I bought this way back November 2019 as a Pre order bundled with Kunai But do they replace the hardware chips for free? let me know the price if you've experienced this same scenario.

View post
@Ralph Christian
If you have questions about the cost, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/ Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Ralph_Christian
Star III
@Falcon_ASUS the Service Center on COMPLINK PH said that they can't repair the phone motherboard they said it died LOL. and the price to for the new mother board is 39000 PHP or 779.05 USD which sucks to be honest. It's almost a new phone. They can't even repair the motherboard it must be a new phone as a replacement LOL!!!

Never knew this phone will only last for a year even with care. Will not buy anymore phones in Asus as the service center don't consider COVID lockdowns for warranty extensions.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Ralph Christian

@Falcon_ASUS the Service Center on COMPLINK PH said that they can't repair the phone motherboard they said it died LOL. and the price to for the new mother board is 39000 PHP or 779.05 USD which sucks to be honest. It's almost a new phone. They can't even repair the motherboard it must be a new phone as a replacement LOL!!!

Never knew this phone will only last for a year even with care. Will not buy anymore phones in Asus as the service center don't consider COVID lockdowns for warranty extensions.

View post
Feel you bro. Same issue and to make it even better my phone has died for the 2nd frickin time. Fortunately I was able to get a MB replacement under warranty when it first died ( only 5 months after purchase ). However this time I rather throw it in the bin than give money to this fraud company. I advise you to do the same and get a new phone and not waste your money on this fraud company as the replaced MB would probs last for another 5-6 months.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Ralph Christian

View post
Go to your local repairshop, explain to them that the main PM 8150 power IC needs replacement and then get a quote from them. It should cost you between 100-200USD depending on your repairshop.