This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 2G only network option

maczugapl
Star II
Coming from another phones I immediately noticed the lack of '2G only' option for cellular network. Why such decision? I noticed my phone is changing a lot between networks, dropping connection thus losing battery due to that. Also during gaming I see no reason to stay on 2G/3G toggle which is enough to cause lags in case of Wi-Fi drop. Might as well just use 2G and conserve some battery.
Could we please have '2G only' option (next to 2G/3G and 2G/3G/4G) for cellular network?
13 REPLIES 13

maczugapl
Star II
gonzaaa.92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36001#Comment_36001

Or you could also get an education and show more gratitude to the ones trying to help you.

View post
Writing posts without reading any of previous messages, yea really helpful of you 🙂 If you'd read what was posted here earlier you'd know why such thing is required.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
maczugapl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36063#Comment_36063

Writing posts without reading any of previous messages, yea really helpful of you 🙂 If you'd read what was posted here earlier you'd know why such thing is required.

View post
Pfffff. Don't expect smart answers if you do stupid questions kid.

SolarHands
Star I
You can download an app called Force LTE. This app has all the combinations that you can want.

2g only, 3g only, 4g only, 2g +3g, 2g+3g+4g, 3g+4g
Hope this helps

plzhealme
Star I
maczugapl

Coming from another phones I immediately noticed the lack of '2G only' option for cellular network. Why such decision? I noticed my phone is changing a lot between networks, dropping connection thus losing battery due to that. Also during gaming I see no reason to stay on 2G/3G toggle which is enough to cause lags in case of Wi-Fi drop. Might as well just use 2G and conserve some battery.

Could we please have '2G only' option (next to 2G/3G and 2G/3G/4G) for cellular network?

Missing 2G only network option
Hi...
I completely understand your question. I just got my ROG Phone just nearly 2 weeks ago. I came from Galaxy S7 where 2g ONLY network is available in the setting where I used mainly. Cos I use wifi principally for any internet connection. So, to save battery I use 2g as my main network and it really saved a lot of battery.
Sadly, as you mentioned, this option is noy available in ROG Phone 2. However, I found a workaround.
I downloaded an app in Playstore named "2g 3g 4g LTE Switcher". In "Advance Network Setting", choose GSM only.
I use it to for force ROG Phone 2 to stay on GSM (2g) ONLY and it works. I also can accept call juat fine.
There are other apps like it in Playstore. You also can try them.
Hope this will solve you problem as I understand completely you concern.
Thank you.