This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 2G only network option

maczugapl
Star II
Coming from another phones I immediately noticed the lack of '2G only' option for cellular network. Why such decision? I noticed my phone is changing a lot between networks, dropping connection thus losing battery due to that. Also during gaming I see no reason to stay on 2G/3G toggle which is enough to cause lags in case of Wi-Fi drop. Might as well just use 2G and conserve some battery.
Could we please have '2G only' option (next to 2G/3G and 2G/3G/4G) for cellular network?
13 REPLIES 13

maczugapl
Star II
Mvarun

Why not just turn off mobile data completely?

View post
I have it turned off. It still keeps switching between 2g and 3g constantly when signal is weak and draining some of battery. You completely missed the point with your reply

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
maczugapl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/35773#Comment_35773

I have it turned off. It still keeps switching between 2g and 3g constantly when signal is weak and draining some of battery. You completely missed the point with your reply

View post
Yea he just wants a single 2G option so it would not keep switching from 2G to 3G.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
How about putting the phone into Airplane mode?

maczugapl
Star II
gonzaaa.92

How about putting the phone into Airplane mode?

View post
Then as well I might throw that phone away and get myself a Nokia 3310...
I still want to receive calls, messages, even push notifications via 2G. Putting it into airplane mode disables any GSM functions.
2g mode allows all of that. You still can call, text, perform basic network functions, but drains way less battery than phone that keeps switching between 2g/3g constantly.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
maczugapl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/35991#Comment_35991

Then as well I might throw that phone away and get myself a Nokia 3310...

I still want to receive calls, messages, even push notifications via 2G. Putting it into airplane mode disables any GSM functions.

2g mode allows all of that. You still can call, text, perform basic network functions, but drains way less battery than phone that keeps switching between 2g/3g constantly.

View post
Or you could also get an education and show more gratitude to the ones trying to help you.
2G died more than a decade ago. I had a OnePlus 5T and iPhone X and none of those phones had anything like "Only 2G" option. It's as trying to pretend a physical keyboard on a phone in 2019. Want 2G? Go and get a 2G phone. Fixed