This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely black out for my rog2. Cant turn on nor charge

Dht
Star II
A sudden death happened to my rog phone2.
Now the phone is completely down, cant even turn on. I tried to press the power plus volume button. But no response.
No logo or indication when plugged in charger. Tried on both charging ports.
The batt was about 50% before this happened Seem like the phone is completely dead. Anyone facing the same issue before?
36 REPLIES 36

Puudoe
Star I
I have only used my ROG 2 for two months and my ROG 2 has died, it cannot turn on again ... I have tried everything but it cannot turn back on ... finally I brought it to the Asus Service Center because it is still under warranty ... I brought it on the 6th April 2020, until now has not been finished repaired ...
this is the first cellphone I have used for only two months and it has suddenly died ...
is the quality so bad?

hi, today had the same issue which my ROG phone 2 couldnt switch on. it started when i was testing the new power socket on the mobile desktop docking and mounted my ROG phone 2, it immediately black out the screen. i was trying to buy an extra charger socket for my mobile desktop docking since when i bought that, no cable or power socket was provided. so every time when i used my mobile desktop docking, i have to use my ROG phone 2 charger. mobile desktop docking wouldnt switch on if no power supply. so its quite a troublesome to plug and unplug the cable charger when using mobile desktop docking or charging the ROG phone.
Currently my ROG was already sent to the ASUS service centre and have to wait what and why it happened. they said it might be the motherboard circuit breaks due to the new power supply socket. sigh

Hey guys and gals, this happened to me today with my ROG 2.
I checked my phone around 7am, it was working fine. Charged 80%+, placed it down and snoozed for another 15 mins then I tried to open it and it has blacked out. I immediately tried to do a hard reset (power button + volume control) to no use.
I had to get ready for work so I let it be for a while until I reached work about 40 mins later. I'm a bit anxious so I tried the hard reset again and to my surprise it opened. Prior to this I've been streaming and playing a lot with it, I also frequently restart and turn it off because of bad connection.
Now that we are on a lockdown, service centers are closed. I'm relieved it's back to life but scared at the same time.
I guess for most, just let it rest a bit and wait after couple of minutes. Asus, please fix this issue. We love this phone.

roguser101
Star I
Just now, my RoG phone 2; Global version 12GB Ram, 512GB internal memory, suddenly blacked out even at 70% battery. It is not turning on even after charging it, I pressed the power button for 10secs and tried to hard reset it by pressing volume down and power button, and still it is unresponsive. I feel so bad about this, i love this phone and it's not even 6 months old. What shall I do?

Puudoe

I have only used my ROG 2 for two months and my ROG 2 has died, it cannot turn on again ... I have tried everything but it cannot turn back on ... finally I brought it to the Asus Service Center because it is still under warranty ... I brought it on the 6th April 2020, until now has not been finished repaired ...

this is the first cellphone I have used for only two months and it has suddenly died ...

is the quality so bad?

View post
So did your phone fixed?