This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely black out for my rog2. Cant turn on nor charge

Dht
Star II
A sudden death happened to my rog phone2.
Now the phone is completely down, cant even turn on. I tried to press the power plus volume button. But no response.
No logo or indication when plugged in charger. Tried on both charging ports.
The batt was about 50% before this happened Seem like the phone is completely dead. Anyone facing the same issue before?
36 REPLIES 36

arongelo0617
Star I
Having the same exact issue.
Battery was around 50% when the phone suddenly died. Plugging the charger does nothing with the Notification LED so i have no way of knowing if the phone is charging or not. Was able to turn the phone on by pressing both volume up and down buttons while pressing the power button, but i can only get the phone to boot in safe mode. This phone isn't even a year old and things like this are already happening?
Variant is the Ultimate Edition

arongelo0617
Star I
arongelo0617

Having the same exact issue.

Battery was around 50% when the phone suddenly died. Plugging the charger does nothing with the Notification LED so i have no way of knowing if the phone is charging or not. Was able to turn the phone on by pressing both volume up and down buttons while pressing the power button, but i can only get the phone to boot in safe mode. This phone isn't even a year old and things like this are already happening?

Variant is the Ultimate Edition

View post
Update:
Took me almost an hour but I got the phone working again.
Same thing, hold the power button and volume up and down for 20-30 seconds then select the start option
Took me a couple of tries to do it as the first few just got me stuck on a boot sequence until it finally booted.
Hopefully this doesn't happen again.