This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on how notifications are received and unlocked (A9 -A10)

Dagnelino76
Star I
sorry, I would like to report this missing / bug but I don't know how to get it to the developers.
Activate turn on display when you receive a notification:
1 option - a notification arrives, the screen turns on but only the time appears! To see what notification it is you have to be recognized by the face. It remains in the lockscreen, without being taken to the home but it is very uncomfortable. From here then if you want you can access the home with a slide.
2 option - a notification arrives, the screen shows what type of notification has been received, hiding sensitive content. Perfect. I go to the lockscreen and from here if you are recognized by the face there is no way to stay in the lockscreen, you are necessarily brought to the home.
---------
Is there any way to make the screen turn on when a notification is received and to show what notification it is by hiding sensitive content and avoid being brought to the home on the lockscreen when it is recognized? But access the home by making a slide? basically a mix between the two previous methods.
I often have the phone on the desk and it would be convenient for me to see the contents of the notification without having to access the home once it is recognized: this is because the screen on the lockscreen turns off after a few seconds and not after the minute I set when using the device.
I hope I have explained well what happens, in a previous topic that I opened on the A10 bugs CH_ASUS closed the topic, saying that this functionality is already present, but in my opinion, it did not quite understand what I can't set (https: / /zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15981/beta-6-list-of-bugs#latest)
9 REPLIES 9

Apollofury
Rising Star II

rahulmehta942
Star III
Resolved: Got the option in device security.
It's annoying that there isn't a option to prevent it from face unlocking directly on clicking the power button. Some times we press the power button to check notifications & time but it directly unlocks. There should be an option so that it unlocks only when we do an secondary action like swipe up, button or double click power button, whatever developers think is relevant.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Dagnelino76

sorry, I would like to report this missing / bug but I don't know how to get it to the developers.

Activate turn on display when you receive a notification:

1 option - a notification arrives, the screen turns on but only the time appears! To see what notification it is you have to be recognized by the face. It remains in the lockscreen, without being taken to the home but it is very uncomfortable. From here then if you want you can access the home with a slide.

2 option - a notification arrives, the screen shows what type of notification has been received, hiding sensitive content. Perfect. I go to the lockscreen and from here if you are recognized by the face there is no way to stay in the lockscreen, you are necessarily brought to the home.

---------

Is there any way to make the screen turn on when a notification is received and to show what notification it is by hiding sensitive content and avoid being brought to the home on the lockscreen when it is recognized? But access the home by making a slide? basically a mix between the two previous methods.

I often have the phone on the desk and it would be convenient for me to see the contents of the notification without having to access the home once it is recognized: this is because the screen on the lockscreen turns off after a few seconds and not after the minute I set when using the device.

I hope I have explained well what happens, in a previous topic that I opened on the A10 bugs CH_ASUS closed the topic, saying that this functionality is already present, but in my opinion, it did not quite understand what I can't set (https: / /zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15981/beta-6-list-of-bugs#latest)

Clarification on how notifications are received and unlocked (A9 -A10)
I must admit that I scratched my head quite a lot to crack this one. The thing is that I knew ZENUI had all the functionality needed to do what you want but it didn't work. It took me some time to figure out why and I had to test a lot of different devices to find the reason.
Eventually I found that the reason why it doesn't show you all the content is because the screen that lights up is not the normal screen. It's more like a version of Always On Display and the reason for this is to save power. If the normal screen had lit up, then it needs to access more functions, use more pixels and so on.
This version of AOD which comes up doesn't have access to the screen unlock function. It doesn't work on any phone except Xiaomi where they have a workaround but that also means higher battery consumption.
It was when we looked at Pixel 4 and its behaviour that it hit us. Googles logic behind this function is that if you will lift up your phone to see what the message was that you got.
So the short answer is that you need to enable Lift to check phone in display settings. This will replace the need to swipe the screen to access the face unlock function in order to unlock the messages

Dagnelino76
Star I
Unfortunately, I didn't explain myself well then.
With the arrival of notifications the screen turns on if you activate the toggle in the settings.

I keep it enabled

Then depending on how you intend to view the notifications, this switching on of the display has 2 different behaviors:

1) if you have chosen to view notifications only if there is face recognition, these will not appear. The only clock will appear. Even going to the lockscreen these will not be minimally visible. They will only be so if they are recognized by the face. We are recognized and notifications appear. You remain in the lockscreen and with a slide you go to the home.
For me, an unusable option: I have a smartphone on my desk, I hear the notification coming, but I don't see anything: I have to pick up the phone and be recognized.

2) I have chosen to display the notifications and have activated face recognition. In this case, when the notification is received, the screen turns on, the notification appears with hidden sensitive contents, perfect!
I access the lockscreen (by lifting the phone or clicking on the screen or pressing power). I see notifications and hidden any sensitive content. Perfect.
Face recognition and here the problem: You go directly to the home! There is no way to stay in the lockscreen!

Instead it would be convenient if you could set an option for point 2, in which to access the home you need to slide up, do not go directly!

I hope I have been clearer now @Anders_ASUS