This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port is burn to hot

jefffunkey11
Star II
what is spec original asus cable type -C ? i'm charge it with asus original adapter ,but another cable type-C also , but it noticed to pull out the charger and it to hot.. why ? did rog phone does not support other type-C cable than the original ? help..i am new about this..did there also have another brand cable same type asus original cable ? iam purpose to long cable for gaming
9 REPLIES 9

bhantepannyacha
Star II
screenshot-20200703-223220033.jpg
USB Temperature Warning. Side charging point is working properly but USB main side too hot for a very few second it look like the cable pin will burn. Service centre too far and also lock down problems, please help regarding this issue.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
bhantepannyachakka

screenshot-20200703-223220033.jpg

USB Temperature Warning. Side charging point is working properly but USB main side too hot for a very few second it look like the cable pin will burn. Service centre too far and also lock down problems, please help regarding this issue.

View post
You can try cleaning out the port while switched off and see if that helps.
Or try another cable to see if it's the same issue.
Other than that, Service Centre is probably the best way to see what the issue is.

bhantepannyacha
Star II
I did it but side point is working well. I charge side point only now. Main USB C port side not working, charging cable top pin where i connect charge to phone is almost burn for few sec. i scare now if phone burn. other USB cable also same top of the charging pin hot when i plug charge in. Please help me, Service centre too far from home town it will take 3 days (Shillong-Meghalaya State) and lock down, cant move from my State (Mizoram).

ronald1985
Community Legend I
bhantepannyachakka

I did it but side point is working well. I charge side point only now. Main USB C port side not working, charging cable top pin where i connect charge to phone is almost burn for few sec. i scare now if phone burn. other USB cable also same top of the charging pin hot when i plug charge in. Please help me, Service centre too far from home town it will take 3 days (Shillong-Meghalaya State) and lock down, cant move from my State (Mizoram).

View post
I don't think anything can be done to be honest without giving a visit to Service Centre.
If this applies to you: I recommend not to have it plugged to electricity then plug into your phone. Do it the other way round, plug into phone first, then electricity.

origin2694
Star I
Did you
bhantepannyachakka

View post
Did you happen to drop the phone?