This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger issue

nightsilvance
Star III
Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
314 REPLIES 314

nightsilvance
Star III
It can go either way, from what I observed. Sometimes it is almost as strong as the vibration when I tap home button on the touch screen, while at it's weakest, the haptics is not very noticeable. I can't really tell, it seems quite random and only changes upon a reboot.

ferxo13
Star III
nightsilvance

Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Air Trigger issue
Do you have enable the "finger resting" option? Because that happened to me when it was enabled but now I disabled it and works perfectly.

nightsilvance
Star III
I have those disabled. My force to actuate are set at 3.

jefreeakira
Star I
Having same issue. Totally can't play properly using right trigger now and very frustrating. Initially thought was my finger print issue or dirty sensor. Then test with my finger resting on the trigger and is already intermittent. Rest the finger and slide along the edges is even worst. Left trigger pass all these simple self tests with no issue.
Finger resting off and sensitivity set to 1 since day 1 (Tencent edition). Pls solve this asap!

nightsilvance
Star III
Yeah, I was worried I'm the only one experiencing this, that would mean my phone is faulty.
If I am to speculate, from a user's perspective, the software is probably having problem juggling the tasks that the R trigger needs to handle, being R trigger in game, and being used for long/short squeeze shortcut outside of game. L Trigger doesn't have this issue for me, I think that's because it is only used for gaming.
I find it unlikely for the trigger sensor to be faulty because it's a non moving part, and coming from ROG1, I never had any issues with air triggers on that.