This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Phone 8 RESTARTING GLITCH! BOOTLOOP!

Jay_ROG6
Star III

My phone is on the latest firmware .325

Its stuck rebooting everytime i have WiFi and Mobile Data on. Once these two are on the phone stays rebooting. Once i turn them off the phone boots normally. I can't use internet at all on the phone if i turn any of them on the phone crashing on goes in a bootloop and keeps on rebooting! I just got this phone and i was so excited about it no im really aggravated. I spent a $1000 from Asus official website and got the US version so i have no issues but i ended up with a phone that i cannot use. Please help with this issue its urgent.

63 REPLIES 63

Mattias_ASUS

To test if it's the sim card, please try booting the phone without the sim card in it.

I am typing this via rog phone 6 pro on wifi with SIM card out, the minute I put the SIM card in a loads up, boot loop. Again with the SIM card in and all data off, the phone will receive calls and all apps that do not require Internet work. It's strictly related to SIM and data, also doesn't matter what type of connection, 4g, 5g, wifi.

Gutter_Fool
Rising Star I

Everyone, apparently Mod Mansi_ASUS has responded to a new Zenfone 9 boot loop thread, stating that the R&D Team has found the problem and is working on a fix as of 7 hours ago from typing this.

Found here: Zenfone 9 Boot Looping 

Mattias_ASUS

Yeah, the team has found the issue and it is related to the SIMcard and the latest security update, starting the phone without the SIM card seems to make it work normally, but I will get back soon with more information as I get it.

I don't understand how that makes sense.  If it was the sim card it wouldn't boot regularly any time and a factory reset shouldn't effect that.  Unless there's some sort of software issues in the firmware.