cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 8 Pro Slow Wifi 7 slow transmission speed

Koudmaker
Rising Star II

1000012432.png

i found a weird bug on low transmit speed while being connected to a Wifi 7 access point with 2.4 and 6Ghz connected. Normal it should be around 5000+ MBps but after some time it dropped crazy to 688mb like its only connected to 2.4ghz connection and will cause a crazy delay.

The phone is connected on a MLO network with 2.4, 5 and 6Ghz enabled. 

Mesh system Model TP-Link BE19000 (Deco BE85)

2 REPLIES 2

Ronaldbbb
Star I

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing could be related to the way your device is managing the Multi-Link Operation (MLO) on the different bands (2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz). A few things to try:

1. Check Firmware: Ensure that both your TP-Link Deco BE19000 (BE85) mesh system and your phone are running the latest firmware. Sometimes bugs like this are resolved through updates.

2. Band Steering: Verify  the spike if the mesh system has a setting for band steering, which could be pushing your device to the 2.4GHz band when signal strength fluctuates. Disabling this feature might help stabilize your connection on the higher frequency bands.

3. Interference: 2.4GHz bands can be more prone to interference from other devices. If possible, try disabling the 2.4GHz band temporarily to see if the phone stays connected to 5GHz or 6GHz, ensuring higher speeds.

4. MLO Configuration: Double-check the MLO settings on your phone and the mesh system to ensure they are optimized for consistent multi-band performance. Some devices may not handle MLO effectively, leading to fallback on lower bands.

If the issue persists, contacting TP-Link support might be a good next step to see if it's a known bug with your model.

Its a problem with the phone because all other devices i don't have the slow bandwidth problem.