This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger Issue in ROG 8 Pro

Vikas_Rathore
Rising Star II

Air trigger pressure are much higher and not stable at all even you set lowest on Pressure button setting from AC . Sometime it work and sometime doesn't. When you connect Aero Active cooler X the air trigger are less stable and required more pressure. ASUS should fix this for the all gamers who all love ROG Phone Series. Else they will never buy upcoming ROG series Phone in future.

I think The Pressure on air trigger should be fix with less Force on trigger with more stability. The Problem will be sort out easily.

I hope Asus ROG Phone Team will read my comment and will sort out in next update and reply to me.

Please Asus Fix this issue. Eveyone facing this issue who bought ROG 8 Pro.

In other feature the phone is very good .

198 REPLIES 198

Zцlц
Star II

This is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced with a phone. Like wtf, it's a gaming phone and key features are failing.

I can only be upset on myself that I didn't read any reviews before buying. The real issue is that I feel I am getting scammed and robbed.

Scammed because I had the ROG6 and ROG7 before buying this new ROG8… Based on reviews at YT everything was good, then in my hand it failed big. Robbed because if the support is like this, not providing a fix in a reasonable time meanwhile I payed a lot to get it.

Will I buy the next ROG the 9? 🙂

I think its not their first time, I remembered my ROG2 has the same issue and ROG took the initiative to listen and gave updates to rectify issues. Compared to other brands that I've used (IE. legion1, Legion dual), those guys don't update at all. I returned back to ROG6, without any issue but ROG8 is giving me some memories of the pass experience. 

But because they are very consistent with the updates and fixed while listening to us, I'd rather be on a platform that listens and fixes. That's just me tho, I hope you'll get the same experience as I do too.

subhadipdebnath
Star III

Guys. There is a plethora of tap and click modes in the air trigger settings. Not sure if it was there to start with and I did not notice or if this is new addition. But these features are amazing. The Touch(Shooting Assist) option looks great and might give more flexibility.

1000018646.jpg

Request you all to check these options out of you have not discovered them yet. Totally worth it.

@Mattias_ASUS I totally love the Auto repeat tap option. But we need more options on number of taps per second. 4 is the max but its pretty slow for certain games.

1000018647.jpg

I tested some more and here are my findings -

While it is working well in practice session but it becomes inconsistent in a real FPS game. I was trying to figure out why it is consistent in practice but not in real game. Well it turns out in real game due to high adrenaline rush, we tend to press harder. And it seems The trigger disengages at the pressure level where it was engaged. Or it does not engage at all if pressed hard. So if you press hard you will feel like the trigger is not working. @Mattias_ASUS Please note this. Might give you some clue on the issue. No matter what pressure level is applied to engage the trigger it should engage and it shoud disengage at the set pressure level - Ultra Mini for me.