This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US versions of ROG phone 7 does not work with Google wallet Tap to Pay

xslogic
Star III

I just received my ROG phone 7. I ordered it from the rog.asus.phone/us site directly, so I assume it is legit.

The model number on the box says : ASUS_AI2205_E

I am not able to set up Tap to pay (google pay / wallet) on my phone. I get the message "This phone can't be set up to tap to pay". Not sure what the problem is. According to google play, my device is "Play Protect Certified". I also see on the Google Wallet "Tap to Pay setup" that "Phone does not meet security requirements". Not sure what the issue is. Looks like other folks who purchased US variants of the phone are also not able to set up Google Wallet or Google Pay.

Note : The phone has been updated to the latest security patch (May 1 2023) and running the latest firmware (WW_33.0820.0810.188)

16 REPLIES 16

Need help soon.  Considering returning the device due to this issue.  Please help asap.  Thank you!

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xslogic   @WestCoastGhost 

Hi, would you please help provide log +video for us to analyze? If you are willing to help, please check PM for SOP. Thanks.

xslogic
Star III

@Titan_ASUS , I have replied to your PM with the log and screen recording. Kindly download the contents and let me know... I will remove access to the folder once you are done.

Did you check saftynet? It should be ok if you passed the test.

safty.jpg

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xslogic 

Thank you for the information and I've downloaded the files already. I will let you know when any update.