This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 7 Soft lock

EVERLASTXDPUNCH
Star II

I'm noticing and it's done it twice now where I will launch an app and it will not respond as well as the rest of the phone. Then when I turn the screen off it will not turn back on again and the phone doesn't respond to any input. Then it will restart itself on its own. 

8 REPLIES 8

xslogic
Star III

@Mattias_ASUS any updates on this ? As I mentioned I notice this more often than not happens when I am in the car, on bluetooth... My phone froze again in today - just when I wanted to make an urgent phone call. This is really a huge reliability issue.

I FIGURED OUT THE ISSUE. When you enter a vehicle and allow the vehicle to access CONTACTS AND MESSAGES it will freeze the phone. Extremely heavy bug and Asus needs to fix it. I revoked contacts and messages access and only allowed Bluetooth media and everything works perfectly. Asus I'm expecting a response for this since I already spent weeks trying to figure out what it was. 

xslogic
Star III

Any updates to this @Mattias_ASUS ? I just got a System UI crash right when I was trying to receive a very important call.

xslogic
Star III

@Mattias_ASUS @EVERLASTXDPUNCH  ... Quick update : I have been experimenting with some alternate launchers (for eg. smart launcher) and I don't see this issue much. I have also changed the default phone app to the stock android one. Will let things run for a few days before declaring this a solution..

But the ASUS team should definitely work to fix the default ASUS launcher