This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 7 Soft lock

EVERLASTXDPUNCH
Star II

I'm noticing and it's done it twice now where I will launch an app and it will not respond as well as the rest of the phone. Then when I turn the screen off it will not turn back on again and the phone doesn't respond to any input. Then it will restart itself on its own. 

8 REPLIES 8

xslogic
Star III

hmmm... I think I am experiencing a similar issue.. its happened a couple of times over the last 2 weeks. It also seems to be co-related to when I am getting out / in to my car and in the process of getting connected / disconnected to bluetooth.

Essentially, some app gets stuck and if I press the lock button, to lock and then unlock, the screen will remain blank.. I then end up having to reboot the phone manually.

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this consistently - but it has happened now I guess around 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks I have had the phone.

Mine happens everyday about 30 times. I factory reset the device even. Is there a way to get to the roots of Asus to fix this? This is absolutely unacceptable for a close to $1500 phone. If this isn't fixed in 2 weeks time I'm returning my phone and getting my money back. 

Hello @xslogic and @EVERLASTXDPUNCH

Which firmware are you on right now? You can find this by going to Settings -> System -> About phone ->Build number.

Currently I'm on WW_33.0820.0810.208. 

The issue still persists even after this update just coming out