This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 7 Downgrade Software!

waxy78611
Zen Master I

Can anyone help me to downgrade the Rog Phone 7 firmware please? 

I stupidly updated to the latest WW-33.0820.0810.217 Firmware & now my Rog Phone 7 is basically f***ed. Overheating, battery life issues & cpu being ruined by "Android System". 

I want to revert back to an older firmware however I'm unable to find anywhere to download the old firmware from.

If anyone could provide a link/step by step method to downgrade that would be great.

For those of you who haven't updated their Rog phone 7 to the latest update, DO NOT UPDATE. It will ruin your phone.

16 REPLIES 16

tochmi
Zen Master I

If you want to revert to a previous version, you will lose all information because it is restored to factory status with the version you install. 

Since you have to reset the phone, do it with the version you have now, maybe some problems will be solved. Make backups first! 

I have already done a factory reset, nothing has been fixed.. it's still overheating. 

I just need to find a way to go back to different firmware 

🤦‍What bad luck...

Something must have happened to Asus, because in my case and some other ZF9 they also suffer from overheating.

Official technical support should give you instructions and a download link to the original firmware.

Yes exactly they should give instructions to downgrade the firmware but I don't think they have a brain 🧠. They have also removed ALL firmwares from their website, and have only left this rubbish firmware for everyone to download & screw their phones up. Clowns 🤡

Meanwhile.... 

1000060779.png