This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charging issue + battery drain n heat up easily after .88 update

sheldiez
Star I

my phone acting wierdly with the charging position after the update got connected and always disconnected, before the update theres no  problem, aslo heat up easyly very-2 hot for doin nothing at all, also the battery drain super quick 

4 REPLIES 4

ric3
Rising Star I

The phone's temperature is a bit strange lately. When playing games for a long time, the temperature can vary, sometimes reaching as high as 44°C, and even 46-47°C. When the phone is restarted, the temperature usually returns to normal and doesn't overheat, but this issue reappears again. The same happens when charging the battery, as the connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, but the problem goes away after restarting the phone, only to reoccur after some time

In my opinion, the temperature is also acting strange because when I play a game, the background of Armoury Crate seems to be running multiple times, for example, three times. Even though I have cleared the notification, it keeps appearing again. Maybe this is also causing the device to be under load and overheat.

I don’t know when this Android 14 issue will be resolved. The unpleasant experience started in February and is still ongoing

DiZhàn
Star III

it's happened to all version of ROG, even my ROG Phone 6 got this problem, and ASUS Center cannot do anything, the only thing we can do is wait for the next software update.

This happens because the system of Android 14 has issues on the ROG Phone

It's likely that many applications and some system functions are less responsive or not supported on Android 14, causing bugs, either from the API or other factors

For example, like the Aero Active Cooler that isn't functioning well, and it should also be noted that third-party access or applications cannot be used on Android 14

yogi_d_barai
Star II

I have same thread which states about this charging issue after the update. I gave my phone to service centre to replace the charging strip assembly and I think it's more software issue than hardware