This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ROG phone 6 have limited performance?

mnegreaionut
Star III
My Zenfone 8 is faster than ROG phone 6. ( Because CPU stay at 2.7mhz)
I have aero cooler 6, I ve tried x mode+ and lvl 3 in advanced gaming tuning both variants have CPU always is blocked at 787Mhz.
I like to play competitive games.
What can I do ? I want max performance.

22 REPLIES 22

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Easy, buy a new smartphone from another brand
If the Soc is stuck at 787mhz it may be your ambient temperature that is too high, what is it in the room, and that of the phone?
Do you use one of the two freezing modes of the Aerocooler 6, normally only these 2 modes allow you to have correct performance.
You should not rely on the mhz displayed but on the real FPS in your games, to be sure that it is not a bug in the display of the MHZ of the game genius, use CpuFloat
What games are involved and what FPS do you have?

mnegreaionut
Star III
FunBike31

Easy, buy a new smartphone from another brand

If the Soc is stuck at 787mhz it may be your ambient temperature that is too high, what is it in the room, and that of the phone?

Do you use one of the two freezing modes of the Aerocooler 6, normally only these 2 modes allow you to have correct performance.

You should not rely on the mhz displayed but on the real FPS in your games, to be sure that it is not a bug in the display of the MHZ of the game genius, use CpuFloat

What games are involved and what FPS do you have?

View post
I have the latest update. Ambient is 23 degree and phone with cooler on FROZEN mode have 31 degree. FPS always 60 on CODM with max settings.( But that s not the problem).
The problem is the movement in game and the ping, MS. On my Zenfone 8 I can optimize performance for GPU, CPU and RAM ( both are connected on the same Wi Fi router). Why I can't do that on this roh phone 6? Is supposed to be a gaming phone....why I can't tuneup to maximum performance?

waxy78611
Zen Master I
mnegreaionut

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240161#Comment_240161

I have the latest update. Ambient is 23 degree and phone with cooler on FROZEN mode have 31 degree. FPS always 60 on CODM with max settings.( But that s not the problem).

The problem is the movement in game and the ping, MS. On my Zenfone 8 I can optimize performance for GPU, CPU and RAM ( both are connected on the same Wi Fi router). Why I can't do that on this roh phone 6? Is supposed to be a gaming phone....why I can't tuneup to maximum performance?

View post
Are you having issues with your speakers with your update? Apparently the latest update has caused a bug with the speakers in which the bass is completely gone and sound is mostly flat with loads of treble. Also another bug everyone is experiencing is top speaker not working properly after a phone call and to fix it you have to restart the phone or make a call , put it on loudspeaker, then cut off. Only then do speakers go back to normal. Are you having any of these issues ?

excavation5
Rising Star II
mnegreaionut

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240161#Comment_240161

View post
You can optimize everything on this phone but that you dont know how to do it and how to check the data from the phone is other thing ..... In reality i play CODM from the beginning and now whit this phone i dont have any problem whit movement or the ping i play always on 45-50 ms whiout a problem