This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ROG phone 6 have limited performance?

mnegreaionut
Star III
My Zenfone 8 is faster than ROG phone 6. ( Because CPU stay at 2.7mhz)
I have aero cooler 6, I ve tried x mode+ and lvl 3 in advanced gaming tuning both variants have CPU always is blocked at 787Mhz.
I like to play competitive games.
What can I do ? I want max performance.

22 REPLIES 22

excavation5
Rising Star II
mnegreaionut

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240161#Comment_240161

I have the latest update. Ambient is 23 degree and phone with cooler on FROZEN mode have 31 degree. FPS always 60 on CODM with max settings.( But that s not the problem).

The problem is the movement in game and the ping, MS. On my Zenfone 8 I can optimize performance for GPU, CPU and RAM ( both are connected on the same Wi Fi router). Why I can't do that on this roh phone 6? Is supposed to be a gaming phone....why I can't tuneup to maximum performance?

View post
screenshot-20221205-001006-call-of-duty.jpg
Also you dot need high performance in game that not need to force the cpu and gpu to max ... I play whit constant 120 fps and setup the cpu in this way cores 1-4 from min to max 1.6 ghz
5-7 from min to max 1.8 ghz
8 from min to max 1.9 ghz
The gpu is limited to 220 mgh
Becouse you dont need any more of this ....
screenshot-20221205-001035-call-of-duty.jpg
Also in different games i use different modes that are best optimized for the games
For CODM battle royal i change the mode again for better performance becouse battle royal is more heavy and need more cpu and gpu from multiplayer mode but again i dont force the CPU or GPU to max

excavation5
Rising Star II
FunBike31

Easy, buy a new smartphone from another brand

If the Soc is stuck at 787mhz it may be your ambient temperature that is too high, what is it in the room, and that of the phone?

Do you use one of the two freezing modes of the Aerocooler 6, normally only these 2 modes allow you to have correct performance.

You should not rely on the mhz displayed but on the real FPS in your games, to be sure that it is not a bug in the display of the MHZ of the game genius, use CpuFloat

What games are involved and what FPS do you have?

View post
The problem is not in the performance or the temperature in the room that 787 mhz he see is the frequency only for biggest core 8 and the only way to check that frequenc if he use the original app is to go from the game to armoury crate menu
screenshot-20221205-002729-armoury-crate.jpg
Here he can see all cores how they work but is normal when he go from the game to armoury crate menu to see so small cpu use.... Also the data from armoury crate is not correct in the moment the gpu work at 220 mhz but armoury crate show 900 mhz
screenshot-20221205-002727-armoury-crate.jpg
Also armoury crate cant catch small changes in the cpu on the photo we can see how core 8 got 2.8 ghz for the moment but the armoury crate didn't show this frequency

mnegreaionut
Star III
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240176#Comment_240176

Are you having issues with your speakers with your update? Apparently the latest update has caused a bug with the speakers in which the bass is completely gone and sound is mostly flat with loads of treble. Also another bug everyone is experiencing is top speaker not working properly after a phone call and to fix it you have to restart the phone or make a call , put it on loudspeaker, then cut off. Only then do speakers go back to normal. Are you having any of these issues ?

View post
Yes I have, but I restart it and works without problems after.

mnegreaionut
Star III
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240176#Comment_240176

screenshot-20221205-001006-call-of-duty.jpg

Also you dot need high performance in game that not need to force the cpu and gpu to max ... I play whit constant 120 fps and setup the cpu in this way cores 1-4 from min to max 1.6 ghz

5-7 from min to max 1.8 ghz

8 from min to max 1.9 ghz

The gpu is limited to 220 mgh

Becouse you dont need any more of this ....

screenshot-20221205-001035-call-of-duty.jpg

Also in different games i use different modes that are best optimized for the games

For CODM battle royal i change the mode again for better performance becouse battle royal is more heavy and need more cpu and gpu from multiplayer mode but again i dont force the CPU or GPU to max

View post
I play battle royal also. But I don't know to set that modes for performance. I ve tried to put all on max but doesn't work. To much things to sett and don't work.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
mnegreaionut

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240179#Comment_240179

Yes I have, but I restart it and works without problems after.

View post
What about the speakers sound quality? Apparently with the latest update , the bass has gone on the speakers. And the speakers sound flat. Is this a issue that you have also? How do your speakers sound? How is the base for you? Also, are you on the .220 update correct ?