Did you mean: 

Voice is being muted in certain condition during video calls

Stalkjer
Star II
  1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 16GB
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.55
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Duo (and now Meet), Facebook Messenger

Hi,
my family noticed that sometimes when we have video calls via Google Meet or Messenger (only checked), my voice or voice of my 4 yo daughter which stands beside me is muted (she must yell to be heared event if he have phone 20cm in front of face! " children should be seen and not heard." LOL). I need speak quite loudly and directly to phone to be heard. We have tried video call from my wife's phone (iPhone 11) in same environment and we even were speaking quietly (not whispering) and it was working well. I think it's not an app problem because I've had it since I bought the phone (mid august 2022, basically after release). So there were multiple app updates and also I have moved from Andorid 12 to Andorid 13 beta. And issue is still happening to me.

I have also notice that issue do not occur on speaker mode in normal call. So i do not think it is microphone hardware issue.

Maybe it is some kind of built-in Noise Cancellation feature not working correctly or too strictly but I do not see any options in phone settings to turn it off or manipulate.

Please help!

PS. I found similar issue but different model: named Bug when putting speaker on during calls

2 REPLIES 2

Jokero
Star I

I have the same problem, the speaker is worst for me i can't even understand what they saying in phone call

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.