cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 - General Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi all,
We are only a couple of days (!) away from the ROG phone 6 launch event. General discussion threads will be removed moving forward and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to discuss the ROG Phone 6 with other Zentalk users.
Post-launch, please refrain from using this thread to highlight technical issues, bugs or sales-related topics, as this thread exists for general discussion purposes only. If you want to highlight an issue, please create a separate thread and our moderator staff will assist you further.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 6 | Launch Event | ROG
55 REPLIES 55

alphaone268
Star II
Hey, me again!
I got the update WW_32.2810.2207.134 like two (?) days ago.
I charged in Ultra Continuous Mode with 9W with before mentioned 18W charger from Anker.
The phone heats up a lot more then before the update, but charging still seems to be slow (41% to 80% in about 45min).

severins79
Star III
Is there any support that would solve the problems? Or some email where I could send and report a problem with the device?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62666/rog-phone-6-video-recording-failed#la test

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
severins79

Is there any support that would solve the problems? Or some email where I could send and report a problem with the device?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62666/rog-phone-6-video-recording-failed#la test

View post
I think the Rog5 userbase will gladly tell you that you should start praying after making a topic here.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
alphaone268

Hey, me again!

I got the update WW_32.2810.2207.134 like two (?) days ago.

I charged in Ultra Continuous Mode with 9W with before mentioned 18W charger from Anker.

The phone heats up a lot more then before the update, but charging still seems to be slow (41% to 80% in about 45min).

View post
Asus is angry with its charging system and there are many bugs, for example I am charging in 9w, the battery shows 25min to go to 100% and when you click on use it shows 18min left and the real time is of 12 min!!!.
The time you indicate seems normal in 9W, on the other hand the heating must remain very moderate, ambient 25°-System 28-29° (Cpu/Gpu 34-35°) after 30min on my rog5.
Reported Rog 6 charging issues are for now
Led stays on too long (4-5s) after unplugging
The display shows a significant drop after loading to 100%, it drops to 96% or less immediately.
18w mode seems to charge 30w
The first 2 are confirmed and should be fixed with the next firmware.
The 3rd is random, it occurs or not depending on the order of ignition, connection and configuration
--------
Heater, A reported failure on new Rog 6, repaired by the service center
Other heater, the SOC frequencies seem less constrained and Aerocooler has received an update for more efficiency (in other words, it was almost useless before), so it is more efficient than before by being colder with AeroCooler
No other abnormal heating reported, if you haven't done it I will recommend a factory reset.

alphaone268
Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223750#Comment_223750

Asus is angry with its charging system and there are many bugs, for example I am charging in 9w, the battery shows 25min to go to 100% and when you click on use it shows 18min left and the real time is of 12 min!!!.

The time you indicate seems normal in 9W, on the other hand the heating must remain very moderate, ambient 25°-System 28-29° (Cpu/Gpu 34-35°) after 30min on my rog5.

Reported Rog 6 charging issues are for now

Led stays on too long (4-5s) after unplugging

The display shows a significant drop after loading to 100%, it drops to 96% or less immediately.

18w mode seems to charge 30w

The first 2 are confirmed and should be fixed with the next firmware.

The 3rd is random, it occurs or not depending on the order of ignition, connection and configuration

--------

Heater, A reported failure on new Rog 6, repaired by the service center

Other heater, the SOC frequencies seem less constrained and Aerocooler has received an update for more efficiency (in other words, it was almost useless before), so it is more efficient than before by being colder with AeroCooler

No other abnormal heating reported, if you haven't done it I will recommend a factory reset.

View post
Thanks for the info.
Here's what I got right now (still haven't done a factory reset, because I didnt have the time yet).
----------------
- Ambient temp in my apartment: 26-29°C room temp.
Quite hot in Germany right now - ranging from 29 to 36°C these days. (today up to 31°C)
- Idle and not charging: 31° system temp
- Idle and 18W charger, charging with 9W in ultra continuous mode: 35° system temp
- Idle and 12W charger: 35° system temp
I remember the phone (before the update) charging with 9W not emitting heat at all. But I can be mistaken, though before the update I havent checked at all!
It's not dangerously hot - but I can still feel it getting warm.
--------------
Running Pokemon Go (at home, not outside) - 70% brightness:
starts at 32°C system temp
3min: 35°C system temp
5min: 36°C system temp
20min: 37°C system temp
30min: 37°C system temp
Battery charge went from 77 to 72% in 30min.
--------------
Bug (maybe?):
I've noticed a few times, the device doesnt seem to register / start (ultra) continuous charging.
When I plugin the charger, the notifications
- charging limit is active
- ultra continuous charging is active
are displayed.
Though when I go to settings -> battery -> battery care -> continuous charging
Sometimes it states "for continuous charging you need a charger with at least 18W".
So unplugging and replugging the cable fixes this issue - and then it works - at least, I dont get mentioned message.
--------------
Aside from the "charging heat emission", here is what I found about the overall temps of the ROG6.
"The surface temperatures of the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro are slightly elevated in idle operation, but then they hardly increase under some load. "
Can't post links yet - but google will easily help you reach the review of the ROG6 on notebookcheck.
Comparing it to the ROG5 Pro, the idle temps of the ROG6 really seem to be higher. though under load, it doesnt really heat up much.
--------------
Additionally I'm trying to figure out:
For bypass charging to work: Does the charger need to have a minimum wattage? Does the charger need the USB-C PD PPS standard?
How does bypass charging differ from charging limit? Would it make a difference to keep the phone connected to the charger (longterm)? I'm working from home a lot, so I'm more concerned about battery health, then battery usage.
at what sytem temps will the battery start taking damage? what sytem temps is definitely dangerous/seriously damaging the battery/phone?