cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 - General Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi all,
We are only a couple of days (!) away from the ROG phone 6 launch event. General discussion threads will be removed moving forward and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to discuss the ROG Phone 6 with other Zentalk users.
Post-launch, please refrain from using this thread to highlight technical issues, bugs or sales-related topics, as this thread exists for general discussion purposes only. If you want to highlight an issue, please create a separate thread and our moderator staff will assist you further.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 6 | Launch Event | ROG
55 REPLIES 55

ZT959595
Rising Star II
As far as I understand it, 5G drains more battery. Just nature of the technology. I set my network to search for only 3G/4G. I do not have 5G access with my mobile plan so 5G is useless for me.
You might want to try clearing Google Play Serive's cache. Hopefully that will help.
Turn off "HyperFusion" if it is turned on. It is a battery drainer.
For me, I set charge limit to 80%, unplug phone then go to sleep. 7 hours later, it usually drops by about 2-3%. This is with wifi off, mobile data off and bluetooth off but phone call communication still on.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Hello. I have been able to verify that the slow battery charge works well. The problem is that the slow battery charge is not that slow. The uniform mode charges at 30watts, which is basically a "fast charge". The ultra continuous mode charges at 18watts, we could say that it is slower... but it still makes the battery heat up. The best solution to slow charge your device is to use a normal charger, from any other device without fast charging. I use a Samsung S9 charger (I think it's 3watts) and I leave it charging all night, the phone doesn't get hot and the battery would appreciate it over time.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Jesp.r
The S9 charger is a 15W unless I'm mistaken, but the Samsung fast charge mode should not be recognized, it charges from 0% to 100% in how long, 6 hours?
Do not forget to program the scheduled recharge by configuring a charging stop time otherwise you lose the benefit of a slow charge beneficial for the battery by causing micro charges (if the phone is on and no airplane mode)

alphaone268
Star II
Hey there,
I noticed the included charger is charging
in continiuous mode with 30W
in ultra continuous mode with 18W.
After trying out a few charger (e.g. Charger with 15W or less).
With the chargers with 15W or less (12W, and 10 to be precise) the menu said, the "continuous mode" is only available with chargers with at least 18W.

I found a charger with exactly 18W from Anker, which I bought 5 years ago. It's this one here:
Anker PowerPort+1 18W
Can't post links yet on the forum. Just google it.

Once plugged into my ROG Phone the menu states:
Continuous mode 12W
Ultra continuous mode 9W
msg634329009-58590.jpg

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@alphaone268
C'est exactement ça que j'avais sur le Rog5 jusqu'au firmware 86 avant qu'asus le casse et ne le corrige que pour le usb-c latéral, le mode 12w est un bon compromis pour garder la batterie sur le long terme, suffit de bien s'organiser pour ne pas être à cours de batterie et d'utiliser le mode 65w du chargeur d'origine qu'en cas d'urgence