waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.
2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5
3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.
6. Call quality is brilliant.
7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.
8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.
9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.
10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.
Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.
48 REPLIES 48

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220803#Comment_220803

Yes, the speakers are away from your palms, they are up at the triggers, naturally youd have your fingers away from the speakers.

As for his statement about "bit easy to muffle" I think it's safe to say he was to quick to judge aka made an assumption before testing himself. When you watch his "gameplay" section you can see how he never blocks the speakers. You would have to use the triggers with your 2nd knuckle instead of fingertips and hold the phone tight in order to block the speakers which nobody does since you'd have a cramp in literally 2minutes.

View post
"As for his statement about "bit easy to muffle" I think it's safe to say he was to quick to judge aka made an assumption before testing himself."
Wonder what's make you so sure about it 🤔 it just feel like you are also quick to judge on his statement aka made an assumption before you are exactly experience the same way as he is.
But I do think the experience is vary and different individually, as not everyone 100% hold the phone in the 100% same way, everyone have different size of hand and the way they feel comfortable holding the phone is different,
some may not completely block the side speaker at most time, some may completely block the side speaker at certain time, some may not blocking the side speaker but their finger/palm are very close to the side speaker (which may distort/interrupt the audio output in some way), some may hold in the way that the side speaker always 100% clear without any object in front of the side speaker or stay close to the side speaker.
In my case, previously I have experience ROG Phone 5 myself, even there is no side speaker on the upper phone area, the way I hold my phone while gaming, I find it naturally my finger would stay very close to the upper side of the phone and whenever I press the trigger my finger would complete touch the upper side area completely.
In some watch video case, the way i holding the comfortably my finger would not complete touch the upper side area but it will be very near to the upper side.
It just my own experience though, so I won't go all the way deny anyone else experience solely because I experience it differently from others 😶

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Slnn3R

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220837#Comment_220837

"As for his statement about "bit easy to muffle" I think it's safe to say he was to quick to judge aka made an assumption before testing himself."

Wonder what's make you so sure about it 🤔 it just feel like you are also quick to judge on his statement aka made an assumption before you are exactly experience the same way as he is.

But I do think the experience is vary and different individually, as not everyone 100% hold the phone in the 100% same way, everyone have different size of hand and the way they feel comfortable holding the phone is different,

some may not completely block the side speaker at most time, some may completely block the side speaker at certain time, some may not blocking the side speaker but their finger/palm are very close to the side speaker (which may distort/interrupt the audio output in some way), some may hold in the way that the side speaker always 100% clear without any object in front of the side speaker or stay close to the side speaker.

In my case, previously I have experience ROG Phone 5 myself, even there is no side speaker on the upper phone area, the way I hold my phone while gaming, I find it naturally my finger would stay very close to the upper side of the phone and whenever I press the trigger my finger would complete touch the upper side area completely.

In some watch video case, the way i holding the comfortably my finger would not complete touch the upper side area but it will be very near to the upper side.

It just my own experience though, so I won't go all the way deny anyone else experience solely because I experience it differently from others 😶

View post
What makes you wonder about it? As I mentioned i had the phone in my hand and played on it. I know you don't block the speakers unless you turn it upside down for whatever reason.
No, close proximity is not enough, you have to hold your hand right before the entire speaker with all 3 holes. Even if you hold just 2 out of 3 holes it doesnt really affect the speaker quality. It will only muffle if you block the entire speakerset.
Also at this point you're just trying to make weird excuses and a strawman example that simply doesn't work. You claim you have experience but you don't, you clearly never had a black shark in your hands. Don't compare it with the Rog Phone 5 because dimensions are different and most importantly the triggers are completely different.
Honestly at this point you sound like someone that simply doesn't want to admit another phone sounds better. Me and funbike both had rog and black shark side by side, the blackshark wins, not by a little but by a considerable amount. Especially the mids which are drowned on the Rog5 are on a completely different level.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I'm surprised at this debate, speaker muffling can only happen if you hold the BS5 upside down with the triggers down, and squeezing it even hard enough, go pick it up you'll realize that there is no degradation of the sound in real situation.
This reminds me of a BS5 test where the tester criticizes the
 trigger triggers when it's in a bag or pocket, the guy tested the BS5 for 15 days and he never saw the button.
Frankly, impossible to block the sound in a real situation and for some users (whom I hate especially when they walk around the volume fully at 3am) it can replace BT speakers at the start of the game.
Come on, gift, take your rog5 and go to a store to compare, here are 3 random titles to put in your playlist
Gregory Porter: "Holding On", deadmau5 "Let Go" Lorde: "Royals"
Precision, I'm not an unconditional fan of Xiaomi or BS5, it has some major flaws for me, jack 3.5, battery, led but it's especially the absence of two bands including the 28b (700) that bothers me essential in my country outside agglomeration

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220842#Comment_220842

What makes you wonder about it? As I mentioned i had the phone in my hand and played on it. I know you don't block the speakers unless you turn it upside down for whatever reason.

No, close proximity is not enough, you have to hold your hand right before the entire speaker with all 3 holes. Even if you hold just 2 out of 3 holes it doesnt really affect the speaker quality. It will only muffle if you block the entire speakerset.

Also at this point you're just trying to make weird excuses and a strawman example that simply doesn't work. You claim you have experience but you don't, you clearly never had a black shark in your hands. Don't compare it with the Rog Phone 5 because dimensions are different and most importantly the triggers are completely different.

Honestly at this point you sound like someone that simply doesn't want to admit another phone sounds better. Me and funbike both had rog and black shark side by side, the blackshark wins, not by a little but by a considerable amount. Especially the mids which are drowned on the Rog5 are on a completely different level.

View post
Chill @Danishblunt , being passive aggressive here ain't gonna make me understand your point better. So far I have point out my concern and possibility, yet I have never mentioned anything to 100% saying any specific phone is good or bad, my intention giving few point and example such as "how I think there is a possibility that audio would be degrade due to side speaker design" is so that I could hear more constructive and reasonable explanation and perspective on them.
Maybe you have gave you point and I can't 100% understand and get the whole idea, but that doesn't mean by accusing me/others:
- " As for his statement about "bit easy to muffle" I think it's safe to say he was to quick to judge aka made an assumption before testing himself."
- " you're just trying to make weird excuses"
- " you sound like someone that simply doesn't want to admit another phone sounds better"
are necessary throughout the discussion and would help me understand things better.
FunBike31

I'm surprised at this debate, speaker muffling can only happen if you hold the BS5 upside down with the triggers down, and squeezing it even hard enough, go pick it up you'll realize that there is no degradation of the sound in real situation.

trigger triggers when it's in a bag or pocket, the guy tested the BS5 for 15 days and he never saw the button.

Frankly, impossible to block the sound in a real situation and for some users (whom I hate especially when they walk around the volume fully at 3am) it can replace BT speakers at the start of the game.

Come on, gift, take your rog5 and go to a store to compare, here are 3 random titles to put in your playlist

Precision, I'm not an unconditional fan of Xiaomi or BS5, it has some major flaws for me, jack 3.5, battery, led but it's especially the absence of two bands including the 28b (700) that bothers me essential in my country outside agglomeration

View post
I think overall I find it hard to believe the side design speaker for BS5 Pro would never be distort and interrupt in ALL possible way and in all use case is because I think close proximity toward the speaker is enough to affect the audio quality.
In the end, this is just what I feel and think, definitely not trying to debate to say that what I feel & think is absolute right here, I just hope to get more information to resolve those concern and uncertainty I have.
I guess, I just really gotta test it myself in Store to verify thing up:
1. "speaker muffling can only happen if you hold the BS5 upside down with the triggers down, and squeezing it even hard enough
2. "No, close proximity is not enough, you have to hold your hand right before the entire speaker with all 3 holes. Even if you hold just 2 out of 3 holes it doesnt really affect the speaker quality. It will only muffle if you block the entire speakerset."
😶

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

View post
Wow, the lack of 700mhz really sucks, its by far the best band because its the best covering frequency.
About the tester, yeah those are reviewers in a nutshell these days. Reminds me how all reviewers were like, Rog3, BEST DISPLAY, AMAZING, NO FAULTS. Meanwhile users: BRUH THE COLORBANDING.
Lets be real, mainstream reviewers are fking useless these days.
@Slnn3R Huh? do you know what passive aggressive even means? Also I'm far from agressive in the first place, as my name suggest, I'm a blunt person. You're interpreting to much into it. I'm merely stating that you're saying irrantional things like "having experience" even if you don't. You're literally commenting on something you don't know anything about.
As for your funbike section, you better believe it. The Black shark 5pro is extremely good at keeping frequencies in check, distorting the speakers is extremely hard. You'd have to modify music or sounds while messing with the EQ to produce any kind of distortion, and even then, it's only very little. Unlike the Rog5 where you just up the bass and listen to a bass boosted song where the speakers will distort and crap themselves. As I mentioned, me and funbike heard irl how they compare, Blackshark is significantly louder, way better balanced, distortion is virtually non existant in normal usecases and they have way way better surround effect. The Rog by comparison is just quiter, mids are getting drowned and bass is to much, sometimes even causing the speakers to drown the highs as well. If you listen to rock/metal like I do youd notice instantly how unbalanced the sound from the Rog is, the BS5 on the other hand, good lord those speakers.
You have two people, unrelated to each other, confirming with their live experience, that its hard to muffle sound unintetionally and confirm that sound is superior to the rog5, without being nitpicky.